CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 04-23-2006, 07:40 AM   #1
michael soderlund

Profile:  
On my way to the track run in the rain again i decided to go to the gym instead. I figured i would do my first crossfit workout. The WOD i could remember was "murph". So i thought. I actually ened up doing, 1 mile (6:50) 300 pushups, 200 dips(unassited) and 100 hundred pullups, 1 mile (6:45). Yes it should have been 1 mile, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 3oo squats and 1 mile. Anyway i did my own screwed up version of "murph" in 44:13. The dips did me in.They killed my time. I would have done this much faster if i did the squats instead of the dips. my triceps are toast. Krav Maga ought to be real fun tomorrow. I'm new. Seems like a great group of folks. I look forward to sharing in the pain with you all.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #2
Martin Schap

Profile:
That's a good initiation. Now we can teach you the grip. And by grip I mean secret handshake, although I suppose we could also teach you the hook grip if you don't know it. Good time by the way. I'd be interested to see your real Murph time when you get around to trying it as Rx'd. The squats tend to rule out a negative split on that 2nd mile.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:15 PM   #3
David Wood

Profile:

Michael: Welcome! That was a pretty impressive way to do your first WOD; after that, a lot of others will seem pretty easy. (Beware of the ones that *look* easy, though.)
Old 04-26-2006, 07:01 AM   #4
michael soderlund

Profile:  
Thanks for the support guys. I look forward to a real murph as well. I had Krav Maga classes the last 2 nights, today is a day off and back to the WOD tomorrow. Thanks again