CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-13-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
Clay Jones

Profile:

I'm getting ready to puchase a weightlifting bar and bumpers again, and my choices for bar have come down to two: The Chapman Pro Elite or the Eleiko training line bar. Since I plan on using the bar for some time, the extra cost is not an object--especially since I will be saving at least $500 per yer by not having a gym membership. Lincoln? Anyone? have any thoughts on which would be the better bar? I'll be doing mostly CrossFit workouts and training the Oly lifts, so I'll be dropping the bar occasionally.

I'll be getting my bumpers from BS Olympic--Scott quoted me a great price on Some Kraiburg bumpers (not the old style "Michelin man" Kraiburgs--tehenew ones are less wide). According to Scott, RB is no longer making bumpers, and he coan only get 15's and 25's.

If I buy the Eleiko, I 'll probably go through Ironmind.

Thanks in advance.

-Clay
Old 01-16-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
Mike Burgener

Profile:
clay, both choices are great....i know mike chapman personally and their bar is outstanding and he stands behind the bar 100%. of course eleiko is also outstanding....the training bar in my opinion is not as good as the best chapman bar.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:34 PM   #3
Clay Jones

Profile:

Thanks, Mike. You answered my question perfectly, as I was wondering how the two bars compare. I'm going with the Chapman Pro Elite.

Besides, the difference in cost between the two bars will just about cover the cost of bumpers!
Old 02-04-2005, 01:49 PM   #4
Tom Ditmar

Profile:  
I have never posted before, but did a search for Kraiburg Plates. I just purchased a set from Scott at B-S yesterday. I mentioned that I try to follow crossfit and asked him if he had heard of the site. He was familiar with quite a few of the guys. I just trusted in him that I received a good deal and that his information was true. He seems like a good guy on the phone.

Anyway, I purchased the Chapman Pro Elite bar, the Kraiburg black bumpers in Kilograms (he told me they make the black training bumpers for York, so no need to pay 30% more,) a 5kg iron plate from York, and he threw in spring clips. I also bought the York 4 foot curl bar even though he was giving a good deal on the 5 ft bar (I'm almost 5'10" 195lbs with 34" sleeves so he thought 4 ft would suffice.) I'm curious what anyone else thinks on the 4 vs 5ft. With shipping, he I paid $1,045. Does that seem like a decent deal and does all that he told me ring true?
Old 02-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
Clay Jones

Profile:

Did you purchase a complete set of bumpers? (2 each of 10, 15, 20, and 25's)

I didn't realize he had York steel plates--guess I will call him back and get some.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #6
Tom Ditmar

Profile:  
I did. I haven't received my invoice yet, so I am anxious to look it over and make sure on everything.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #7
Clay Jones

Profile:

Sounds like you got a great deal!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #8
Tom Ditmar

Profile:  
Yeah, I think I feel good about it. I actually bought the Chapman Elite, not Pro Elite. Scott said it is better. Anyway it is the only one I see on his website, though he definitely does not have everything on the website. Scott seems like a really good guy, and I get the feeling he runs a small operation. He really seems to appreciate the patronage of Crossfit and I think is eager to make sure they are taken care of. I told him he has been mentioned on the forum and he wanted to make sure it was positive.

I've priced all the pieces out on the web and it seems as though he gave me a hell of a discount. It seems like at least 30%. $139 of the $1,045 was shipping.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:08 AM   #9
Scott Tully

Profile:
Tom,

Can you give me a call, I need your phone number so the truckign company can set up delivery.

Scott
800-823-3034