CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:04 AM   #31
Tamara Cohen

Profile:
Re: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Walsh View Post
19 inch box (coffee table)
Maybe it's a mom thing, but I laughed so hard at this. I could totally see myself using the coffee table for box jumps.

Keep it up, woman.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #32
Elizabeth Walsh

Profile:

Thanks, Tamara! Glad I could give you a laugh. Inspired me to do some coffee table step-ups again today.

3x (sampson stretch, 10 squats, 15 crunches, 10 supermans, 10 wall push-ups, 10 bent knee bench dips) first set of push-ups on knees

3x (50 jumping jacks, 10 eight pound KB swings, 10 coffee table step-ups, rest 1 minute)

elbows are feeling sore after all those pull-ups yesterday, so I tried to give them a bit of a rest today

The shoulder that was hurting when I started Crossfit is much improved! I tried to swing across the monkey bars at the park yesterday (I made it, but it was tough) and that made it hurt, but only a tiny bit.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #33
Elizabeth Walsh

Profile:

3x (sampson stretch, 10 squats, 15 crunches, 10 supermans, 10 wall push-ups)

3x (10 assisted pull-ups)

walked 1/2 mile
walked/ran 1 mile
walked 1/2 mile
(distances approximate, was on a walking trail labeled approx. 1 mile)

I was hoping that my 1 mile would be less than 12 minutes and it was 9:51! Muscles and joints were feeling ok, just very out of breath. I am quite happy with that time, just want to be able to keep it up for more miles.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #34
Elizabeth Walsh

Profile:
Re: Elizabeth's log

Ugh! That run kicked my @ss! One rest day was scheduled after it but I have taken two days of just stretching and today only stretched and did about half of my usual warmup. I knew that I was pushing myself hard for that run but didn't expect to be this sore. Hopefully, I'll be back on track tomorrow with a decent workout.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #35
Elizabeth Walsh

Profile:

3x (5 assisted pull-ups)

Snatch balance 3-3-3-3-3, with broomstick

First workout after 5 days off. I guess I shouldn't try running a mile again for a while. Every joint from my neck to my toes hurt for days. Back on my prescription anti-inflamatories and feeling better.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #36
Elizabeth Walsh

Profile:

25 squat thrusts

Only did half of the Buttercup workout. Feel like a big wimp but I get too sore when I do pull-ups 3 days in a row so I have decided to only do them on the first and third of each 3 workout days. I did say when started crossfit that my plan was to work my way into the program very slowly, so I guess I am. Even though I have been doing less than the easiest of the scaled workouts most days, I am still happy with my progress.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #37
Elizabeth Walsh

Profile:

Yesterday:

3x (5 assisted pull-ups)

3x (10 box step ups, 10 eight pound KB swings)

Today: rest day

I made a 4.25 pound bean bag that I will use to do buttercup Karen on the next day that I don't have equipment to do the prescribed workout.

Keeping track of my equipment spending so far...
Door frame pull up bar - $26 (a bit annoyed that I spent extra to get one with two sets of brackets so that you can use it at two different heights, then discovered that my doorframe is crooked, so the bar sticks in the brackets too tightly to be moved)
Power max jump rope - $19.50 (I like it, but would prefer it a bit shorter. I will probably replace it eventually)
Bean bag for wall ball - $3 worth of dried beans and a worn out pair of tights (Certainly not the best solution, but it works for now. I'm looking out for an old basketball, preferably child/youth sized to fill with sand.)
"8 lb. kettle bell" - empty gallon container filled with water
box jumps/step ups - coffee table or back porch steps

Total spending so far - $48.50
I have decided to allow myself a budget for equipment of $1 per workout completed. That means I am $16 over budget right now.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #38
Elizabeth Walsh

Profile:

3x (sampson stretch, 10 squats, 15 crunches, 10 supermans, 10 bent leg chair dips)

Ledesma puppies:
AMRAP in 15 minutes
5 Handstand push-up progressions (wall push-ups)
10 Hanging knee raises
4 pound Medicine ball cleans, 15 reps

completed 3 rounds + 5 push-ups

Used my new bean bag medicine ball and I am very happy with it. I would recommend it as a medicine ball for any weak, broke beginners who need a cheap 4 - 6 pound medicine ball. Bonus: my 18 month old daughter loves to carry it around the house. Her twin brother can't quite pick it up but he likes to roll it.

Also starting to add a few kata to my workouts. I was a brown belt in Shotokan at one time and would like to go back and earn my black belt. I won't be able to get back to classes for at least another year and a half, probably longer, but I figure if I start practicing what I know now, then by the time I can get to classes again, I'll be able to earn my black belt fairly quickly. Tonight I did Taikyoku Shodan three times. On days when I don't have equipment for the WOD, I may sub some repetition of basic karate moves.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #39
Elizabeth Walsh

Profile:

3x (sampson stretch, 10 squats, 15 crunches, 10 supermans, 10 bent leg chair dips, 10 wall push-ups)

3x (5 negative pull-ups)

Karen buttercups
50 wallball shots, 4 pound ball, 7 foot target (that was the highest I could do since I was inside)

Taikyoku Shodan x2
Taikyoku Sandan x1
Old 02-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #40
Elizabeth Walsh

Profile:

5 rounds:
10 KB swings (8 lb.)
10 box step-ups (19 inch)
5 dumbbell curls (8 lb.)

Taikyoku Shodan x1
Taikyoku Sandan x2

Last night, as I was carrying my son out from his bath, he grabbed my doorframe pull-up bar. I though I would let him check it out and he actually hung there on his own! I don't know how many 18 month olds have a strong enough grip to do that, but I was impressed. Now, if I could just get my husband interested in working out with me...