CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 12-13-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
Neal Winkler

Profile:
I made this WOD randomizer.

Basically what you do is use a random number generator to determine your WOD.

The first thing that you do is choose a workout template, which is listed as the top 52 choices - I made them half strength days and half conditioning days because that's what I prefer. At the bottom of the document I give a link to a random number generator, and I used the program and listed the numbers for the next 20 templates that I will use (the first number is bolded because I did it yesterday).

After you have determined your template, if you get a strength day you just do as it says. However, if you get a conditioning day, then you must run the random number generator to decide which exercises you will do. The conditioning days are based off schemes that are used by CrossFit.

For example, if the generator gave you number 33 you would do 4 rounds of 2 exercises. I would ask the number generator to then give me 2 random numbers between 1 and 52. I just now ran the generator and got the numbers 35 and 47. Rep scheme could be determined by rolling a die and multiplying by 5, or asking the generator to give you some random number inbetween the lowest and highest amount of reps that you think should be done, or in some other random way that you think it should be done. If I roll the dice I get 6 and 5 (I just did it), so my WOD would be...

4 rounds:

30 back extensions

25 one-handed snatches

I can already think of some things I could improve, but what do you guys think so far?
Attached Files
File Type: doc WOD randomizer.doc (34.5 KB, 403 views)
Old 12-13-2005, 09:12 PM   #2
Troy Archie

Profile:
Looks pretty solid man. I made one for traveling on the road using EXTREMELY limited equipment and BW exercises before I left home over a month ago and have been tinkering with it here and there. Keep it up.