CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
Dan Ensing

Profile:
I'm in the Chicagoland area and am I'm looking to get a large construction tire for training. Anyone know of any tire dealers or places that I might go looking? Thanks!

Dan
Old 11-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Peter Queen

Profile:
Fortunately, I might be picking up one from my father-in-law soon. It's used but there are no exposed treads, just smoother than what is required for safety. It's not a huge tire but it is is one of the larger standard truck tires and it comes still attached to the rim for extra weight, sweeeeet. The business he ownes uses trucks. You can check around junk yards or truck repair shops for some used ones. Check around tire yards and such as well. Even some trucking businesses can be a good start. Another good training idea is to get a sled, they should be selling them soon in stores, and attach the tire to it and pull it across your yard with some rope or chain. I am going to attach one of those low row triangle lat pull handles to mine with a chain and carabiner for some good pulling training. Then I can pull, flip and pound with my sledge hammer. A 3-in-1 training/exercise toy.:biggrinthumb: