CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #41
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:
Re: Trying out a new diet idea

I don't know, I drank about 8 beers last night and look more ripped today.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #42
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
I don't know, I drank about 8 beers last night and look more ripped today.
How much did you have to pee? Might be you lost all your water weight.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #43
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Well I peed 4 maybe 5 times in a couple hours. I thought it was just all the fluid from the beer. I am even a few pounds lighter ~3. This plays into my theory about drinking the water away and keto should have no problem right?

Last edited by Bill M. Hesse : 09-23-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #44
Darryl Shaw

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Dreyzen View Post
We have what I would describe as a food pyramid industrial complex, with agribusiness and food processing industry lobby, being in cahoots with the FDA. Dr. Atkins preceded Dr. Attia by some 40 years, basically saying the same thing and being ridiculed in the same way. It's the government conspiracy to make us into type 2 diabetes and CVD cases, so that people become less healthy and more dependent. Of course, I am being, tongue in cheek, but there is some truth to that.
So the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the USDA MyPlate program are designed to make people fat and sick?

*All links wfs*
Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #45
Todd Neal

Profile:

What is this, I don't even.... it's as though no one has ever read a post from Bill.

Well done, though. Wonder how long you can keep this up?

Last edited by Todd Neal : 09-23-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #46
Alexander Dreyzen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Shaw View Post
So the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the USDA MyPlate program are designed to make people fat and sick?

*All links wfs*
I don't think they all got in the room and decided to poison everybody with high fructose corn syrup and breakfast cereal. It's just as the evidence of how deadly this stuff is, has started to mount, so did the lobbying efforts and bribery of politicians to cover this up. They are still keeping it under wraps from the masses. You have to go and look for this information. It's not being shouted from every screen, as it should be.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #47
Darryl Shaw

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Dreyzen View Post
I don't think they all got in the room and decided to poison everybody with high fructose corn syrup and breakfast cereal. It's just as the evidence of how deadly this stuff is, has started to mount, so did the lobbying efforts and bribery of politicians to cover this up. They are still keeping it under wraps from the masses. You have to go and look for this information. It's not being shouted from every screen, as it should be.
Do you have any evidence that breakfast cereals and high-fructose corn syrup are deadly? And how much exactly would you have to ingest to experience any adverse effects?
Old 09-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #48
Alexander Dreyzen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Shaw View Post
Do you have any evidence that breakfast cereals and high-fructose corn syrup are deadly? And how much exactly would you have to ingest to experience any adverse effects?
You have to be joking. In 40 years the obesity in USA went from 15% to 45% with similar numbers for type 2 diabetes and CVD, the hockey stick chart started in the 70s, coinciding with soft drinks explosion in popularity:

Robert Lustig from UCSF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sKxfImHkFI
Old 09-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #49
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Neal View Post
What is this, I don't even.... it's as though no one has ever read a post from Bill.

Well done, though. Wonder how long you can keep this up?
shhhhhhh
Old 09-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #50
Todd Neal

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
So recently all this high fat talk has had me thinking. I was looking through my coursework from the past and review the function of lipids. As I recall, PUFA fats lower LDL and raise HDL levels. Saturated fats raise both. My thought is to fast and consume 40g of fish oil and 100 g of coconut oil. Since coconut oil doesn't raise LDL, this will be a synergetic combo I think. My hope is to get my LDL as close to zero as possible and bring my low thirties HDL up to 100 or so.

I plan to take in about 120g of protein a day and as close to no carbs as possible. I was wondering if drinking alcohol would help speed up the loss of water and I could be where I want to get in about 2-3 days? I think there was a guy who posted here a few years ago about something like that. It is mostly just alcohols and not many carbohydrates so it shouldn't affect ketosis right? Or should I wait and do it the old fashion way?

New goal is to cut the roughly 30lbs of fat on my body I calculated myself to have down to 10. Thoughts or any modifications? I was thinking I might have to up the fat so I have energy.....I have to cut weight and get back in shape for a Coast Guard contract with special missions unit.
I thought I'd play along, in case someone actually thinks this is brilliant.

140g of oil, fish & coconut, seems a large and arbitrary amount, but I guess I can't really knock you for it. Like someone else said though, you'll blow out your a** before you can even finish it.

Fasting and consuming oil is contradictory though, so make up your mind there.

120g of protein per day is good, you've done your homework! Unsure what you mean by drinking to "get where you want in 2-3 days"... it takes most people 2-3 days to get into ketosis, much less to lose any weight, but maybe that's what you meant.

You can totally drink alcohol to dehydrate, but it'll hinder ketosis and you'll probably feel terrible.

10 pounds of fat on a 180 pound frame (I'm estimating) is 5.5%, which is considered the minimum amount for males (4-6%); probably not recommended, but then I've never been at that percentage so I don't know how it would affect performance. I'd love to be there myself, but I'm not going out for the Coast Guard.

And yes, upping fat could give you more energy, but in full ketosis, that shouldn't really be an issue.