CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
Josh W Smith

Profile:
Re: would you believe??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata Speranza View Post

On my cheat day I had 3 chocolate chip cookies..... an Italian Ice cream (2 different kind of ice cream and some whipped cream with chocolate sauce).... 2 peaches and a piece of strawberry cake.

Renata
ummmmm........think i found the problem.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #12
Jason Ippolito

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh W Smith View Post
ummmmm........think i found the problem.
I would say so. All that in one day?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:13 AM   #13
Renata Speranza

Profile:

Hi!
Thanks to all for your input!

Since I eat more, my energy came back. Sleep is mostly good. Stress level sometimes high...sometimes low.... actually, it was a little higher over the past 2-3 weeks (troubles at work)....

When I ate that little, at the beginning I was feeling ok.... then, in January, when intensity got higher (4th month of CF) my energy all of a sudden dropped until I broke down... Then I ate more.... first I tried to eat healthy (no ice creams...ha ha ha...) and then I was craving for sweet stuff. In the end it was because I was eating too much carbs (even whole grain)... and since the end of May I was following this slow carb diet. Most probably it's like I screwed up my metabolism.... without even knowing I was doing something wrong!

I know I'm fit for being that overweight, but still I have plenty of fat to get rid of...

Thanks to you all for your feedbacks.
Cheers
Old 07-25-2011, 02:23 AM   #14
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

There something more at work here other than one metabolism. There is no way you didn't see body comp changes or see weight loss if you really followed a diet and did CF or any other workout program.

You need to stop eating crap.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #15
Renata Speranza

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Blankenship View Post
There something more at work here other than one metabolism. There is no way you didn't see body comp changes or see weight loss if you really followed a diet and did CF or any other workout program.

You need to stop eating crap.
Hi Doug
I certainly had some cheat meals and I am the first to admit it. Why should I lie to myself. On the other hand, following a 1300kcal-diet for 6 months gave away only 2 kgs (of which 1,4 kg fat and 600 gr. water) and I lost all my energy and I couldn't even workout anymore that fast. As soon as I began to eat more, what really was important, I gained the 2 kgs back (but this is logical, because my body needed it). Ever since I have been keeping my weight.

This would have been ok for me, if my body composition changed. Somehow I can feel, that it changed....I feel my body getting tighter and of course I feel the strength I have. But on the other hand, the machines said, that there was no improvement of the body composition. ....so something must be wrong. And I don't think, this all is because of my cheat meals now and then.

I also had my blood testet.... the basics are ok. No high cholesterol, no high liver fat etc...

Well. I will continue. Because I don't think, that there is really something wrong in how I am eating. After my holidays I'll stick on the diet, without cheat days and see, if there is any difference.... hopefully.

Sunny regards from Zurich
Old 07-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #16
Vasko Naumov

Profile:

Quote:
Vasko, what works for you might not work for an overweight woman who just came off a starvation diet.
It has been working with every family member and every client that was strict for 2-3 months on this nutrition.
Quote:
You might actually benefit from higher carbs and calories in general, your metabolism could be pretty screwed up from the low cal diet/high intensity exercise. Adding carbs back in would help bring your metabolism back up.
Higher calories - yes.
Higher carbs - no.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #17
Zach S

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasko Naumov View Post
It has been working with every family member and every client that was strict for 2-3 months on this nutrition.

Higher calories - yes.
Higher carbs - no.
Carbs yes. High fat/low carb is not a miracle diet. It help people lose weight in the short term IF they have a healthy metabolism. Putting someone who has health issues on a low carb diet with no refeeds and high intensity training is a recipe for disaster. Its a fact that carbs are your bodies energy source, they are not the devil and you can certainly eat them and achieve weight loss.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 AM   #18
Vasko Naumov

Profile:

My energy source are the fats. The best energy source out there.
Did you know that the body is absorbing 95% of the animal foods. The highest ever.
Quote:
they are not the devil and you can certainly eat them and achieve weight loss
I want to achieve strong and lean physique. People lose fat or gain active weight with this nutrition.
People are not so depresed, constipated or having headaches when they eat mainly fat and protein.
The body don't need more than 100 grams of carbs per day and that is for a big person.

Last edited by Vasko Naumov : 07-25-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #19
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Schul View Post
Its a fact that carbs are your bodies energy source.
This is not a fact.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #20
Vasko Naumov

Profile:

I also eat carbs, but 90% of the time my nutrition is approximately 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs.
I don't diet because diets are not working.
In my experince this nutrition works 99% if the person is not cheating.