CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Moses Benny
Member Moses Benny is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oakland  CA
Posts: 117
CrossFit 2011 Nor-Cal Sections

Does anyone know an exact date for when these will take place?

Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Joe Bernard
Member Joe Bernard is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia  PA
Posts: 2,626
Re: CrossFit 2011 Nor-Cal Sections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Benny View Post
Does anyone know an exact date for when these will take place?

Thanks!
The sectionals are online video submissions that are going to take place over six weeks, there are no formal sectional weekend events like last year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
Moses Benny
Member Moses Benny is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oakland  CA
Posts: 117
Re: CrossFit 2011 Nor-Cal Sections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernard View Post
The sectionals are online video submissions that are going to take place over six weeks, there are no formal sectional weekend events like last year.
Seriously? Where did you hear this?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
Benjamin Wheeler
Member Benjamin Wheeler is offline
 
Benjamin Wheeler's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria  BC Canada
Posts: 287
Re: CrossFit 2011 Nor-Cal Sections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Benny View Post
Seriously? Where did you hear this?
CrossFit Journal http://journal.crossfit.com/2010/12/state-hqpanel1.tpl (WFS)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
Troy Peterson
Member Troy Peterson is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wauwatosa  WI
Posts: 217
Re: CrossFit 2011 Nor-Cal Sections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Wheeler View Post
Read the comments to the video, with some injections by Greg Glassman & Tony Budding. I took out of it that boxes are allowed to host the sectional workouts and an athlete's scores would be official OR an athlete can submit an online entry.

This likely won't be updated as well on the .com site as Sectionals were last year, but I predict:

1. There will be boxes that hold Sectional qualifiers and provide a great atmosphere for competitors & spectators alike
2. Anyone can still compete (online submission or at a box)
3. It may be more difficult to know who's done what over the 6 week qualifying period. Online submissions, maybe many smaller comps at qualified boxes that will be difficult to track on the web (but not impossible).

It's now up to boxes around the country (and not HQ) to facilitate the setting up of a sectional location, organize vendors, charge for spectators if they choose.

You know there are even more people that would look to compete & spectate at the sectional level. This way may allow the local boxes to coordinate with athletes/other affiliates in their area to make that happen based on demand and not force HQ to pick places to host.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:13 AM   #6
Andrew Breyer
Member Andrew Breyer is offline
 
Andrew Breyer's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Collegeville  MN
Posts: 578
Re: CrossFit 2011 Nor-Cal Sections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Peterson View Post
Read the comments to the video, with some injections by Greg Glassman & Tony Budding. I took out of it that boxes are allowed to host the sectional workouts and an athlete's scores would be official OR an athlete can submit an online entry.

This likely won't be updated as well on the .com site as Sectionals were last year, but I predict:

1. There will be boxes that hold Sectional qualifiers and provide a great atmosphere for competitors & spectators alike
2. Anyone can still compete (online submission or at a box)
3. It may be more difficult to know who's done what over the 6 week qualifying period. Online submissions, maybe many smaller comps at qualified boxes that will be difficult to track on the web (but not impossible).

It's now up to boxes around the country (and not HQ) to facilitate the setting up of a sectional location, organize vendors, charge for spectators if they choose.

You know there are even more people that would look to compete & spectate at the sectional level. This way may allow the local boxes to coordinate with athletes/other affiliates in their area to make that happen based on demand and not force HQ to pick places to host.
Fascinating. Can't wait to see how this all plays out.
__________________
My training journal:
http://icemantraining.blogspot.com/ (WFS)
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ATTN SO. CAL: Crossfit 760 Grand Opening Competition Casey Parlett Competitions 0 09-15-2010 12:39 PM
2011 Crossfit Games Adam Rees Competitions 1 07-29-2010 03:04 PM
So. Cal. Crossfit Challenge? Ron Nelson Competitions 31 04-29-2005 10:00 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.