CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 03-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #1
Will Nuse

Profile:
Just built my set of parallettes over the weekend and I've been playing with them a little (having to be careful since I've got a walking boot on--broke my fibula about 6 weeks ago). One quick question--I wasn't as careful with the primer as maybe I should have been--does a light sanding take the purple dye off?

My real question is how to progress with the different positions. I've read through the American Gymnast parallette training guide and I've been working on the tuck sit. I don't feel like I'm getting my legs high enough/close enough to my chest. Do I need to lean back farther? I'm going to keep working on my endurance--ten seconds trying to hold these is a lot harder than it sounds. I read a great article by Coach Sommer (Building an Olympic Body Through Bodyweight Conditioning) and he recommends doing as many sets as it takes to get to a full minute of work on each exercise. Is this applicable here as well?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:19 AM   #2
Roger Harrell

Profile:
The as many attempts to total 60 seconds thing works well with a lot of static strength moves. It gives you a clear marker for progress (fewer sets), gives motivation to push for that couple of extra seconds, and is applicable to any isometric hold.