CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
Elias Saebjorn Haraldsson

Profile:
Vff

I'm going to buy my VFF online in a couple of days and I was wondering about the size. Are the sizes for VFF true? If I am a size 11 will the size 11 VFF fit me or should I go bigger og smaller? Also, do I want them to be tight, lose,...? What is the best fit for VFF? I'm going to use the exclusively, lifting, running, rowing, jumproping, GPP, etc.

Elias
Old 07-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:
Re: Vff

Vibram's aren't sized like normal shoes. I'm normally a size 10 1/2-11 so in a vibram I wear a 42. They need to fit very snugly. It really depends on your foot. You should probably try their sizing chart on their website. They recommend you measure the actual length of your foot.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...s_Sprint_m.cfm WFS, click on "click here for size conversion".

I recommend the sprint based on what you selected. They have a strap over the top to help keep the shoe on tight. The KSO's are more for trailrunning type stuff, and the flow's are more for watersports. The originals don't have the strap but are otherwise very similar to the sprints.

Last edited by Matt Haxmeier : 07-14-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
Shane Skowron

Profile:

Elias

You want the VFFs to be snug as Matt mentioned. Do not get VFFs that are bigger than your foot, or you will regret it. You don't want them to be rubbing around.

You can also look into Injiji socks, which work well with the VFFs. They are a bit expensive, but provide a layer of comfort between your feet and the fabric from the VFFs.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
Todd Condell

Profile:

Hey Matt
I am a size 11-12 and I take a size 46 in Vibrams. Are you really a size 42 in Vibrams? I was just checking to see that was not an error.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Justin Shipley

Profile:

I followed the sizing advice on the VFF site mentioned in the post earlier and they fit like a glove.
I was nervous at first, as i bought them during those golden glory days mid-last year when the Aussie dollar was almost at parity with the US$, got 'em on special from a kayaking store in British Columbia with no chance of refund even if i could afford to send them back, but my fears were put to rest...

"..like a ga-LUV!..."
Old 07-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
Ellis King

Profile:

Hey, I would recommend finding a local retailer and sizing/buying there. It is important that you get the toe length correct. I have been a 10.5 all my life, and was surprised that I could not fit in there recommended size for the KSO, namely 41. I am quite happy with the 42, which I would not have known had I not found a local store.

Their site provides a store locator (w/f/s):
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...re_locator.cfm
Old 07-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Condell View Post
Hey Matt
I am a size 11-12 and I take a size 46 in Vibrams. Are you really a size 42 in Vibrams? I was just checking to see that was not an error.
Right, not an error, I guess I left part of that off. I normally wear anything from 10 up to 11 or more because I have hobbit feet, not because they are long. I can't even wear Nike's because they are always too narrow. But with fivefingers it's much more important that the length is right. They accommodate variations in width well but if you have the length wrong you are SOL.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
Jeff Edwards

Profile:

If anyone is interested I have a pair of VFF sprint in blue camo, size 42 that I ordered online but turns out I need a 41. Tags still attached, brand new. Just tried them on with my injinji socks.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I'd rather sell them to the community than put them on ebay.