CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #7281
Nik Nichols

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Still Good work Scott. After 3 reps I got wobbley too. It was an eye opener. I thought I'd smok my pr. But I got past it. after the 3rd set I went without shoes. It helped a bit. It is just hard to stablize after 3 reps for me.

Great speed on the metcon. Not to muck lung burn for me either. I got my breathing on the swings pretty well. You are right. I was thinking I needed to push the ''KB'' down, but the plate already hits my legs on the swing. I didn't want to push it more. I got good height, and was sure of ears showing on it. and let it fall with a little assistance.

Wednessdat looks good if my DU's want to work. 50 SDHP for me, but I can burn through 50 pretty easy, if DU's work, it will come down to burpee spweed. Ernie has the davantage on me there.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:36 AM   #7282
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Still Good work Scott. After 3 reps I got wobbley too. It was an eye opener. I thought I'd smok my pr. But I got past it. after the 3rd set I went without shoes. It helped a bit. It is just hard to stablize after 3 reps for me.

Great speed on the metcon. Not to muck lung burn for me either. I got my breathing on the swings pretty well. You are right. I was thinking I needed to push the ''KB'' down, but the plate already hits my legs on the swing. I didn't want to push it more. I got good height, and was sure of ears showing on it. and let it fall with a little assistance.

Wednessdat looks good if my DU's want to work. 50 SDHP for me, but I can burn through 50 pretty easy, if DU's work, it will come down to burpee spweed. Ernie has the davantage on me there.
OHS is definately hard with long limbs, not sure why they have been so shakey lately, even when I snatch it seems more solid than coming down from the top. Metcon worked well, got my head right for it and decided no breaks beforehand.

Todays looks like another lung burner so it will save me programming one for myself, reckon its going to be down to who can take the most pain and keep going during the burpees as you said.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 04-07-2010, 03:26 AM   #7283
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Todays looks like another lung burner so it will save me programming one for myself, reckon its going to be down to who can take the most pain and keep going during the burpees as you said.
Definitely a nasty lung burner!!! I really want to do it when I find a rope (forgot mine in Milan...)
Old 04-07-2010, 03:34 AM   #7284
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek View Post
Definitely a nasty lung burner!!! I really want to do it when I find a rope (forgot mine in Milan...)
That reminds me of something I wanted to ask you , what kind of and what length of rope do you use, my current rope is a basic reebok jumprope, about 9.5ft long which is long enough indoors but was useless in the high winds outdoors at the sectional.

Got caught up in all the celebrations and forgot the rope I bet!!
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 04-07-2010, 05:59 AM   #7285
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Yea today I will be pushing, I just hope my DU's are with me today. Other then that skill lack, it will be monty and speed and little breaks. Woohoo sumos!!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:16 AM   #7286
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Yea today I will be pushing, I just hope my DU's are with me today. Other then that skill lack, it will be monty and speed and little breaks. Woohoo sumos!!
Not bad with sumo's when its only 1 round of 50 , you will soon smash them out probably quicker than the 500m row.

You know how harder we all go when we set ourselves little missions like with not breaking the swings recently. I say we see how many burpees we can get without taking a break :stir:
Old 04-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #7287
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Not bad with sumo's when its only 1 round of 50 , you will soon smash them out probably quicker than the 500m row.

You know how harder we all go when we set ourselves little missions like with not breaking the swings recently. I say we see how many burpees we can get without taking a break :stir:
Great idea. You hit something ther Scott. I'm not fast at burpees, with that kind of motivation I can push harder.

So no breaks of course. less then a breath in the standing position? My ''rotuine'' when I get tired is to take a breath at the top and then go, so like a 1 to 2 sec rest if you will. Not up and straight down, and not up and stop for a break. Up and breath and down. Faster then that? Steady flying burpees?

Do you like the Beasty boys? This song came into my head thinking of keeping moving.

(NWFS) I think there is some cussing in it, other then that is is ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7i0ezQg2_4

Last edited by Nik Nichols : 04-07-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #7288
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Great idea. You hit something ther Scott. I'm not fast at burpees, with that kind of motivation I can push harder.

So no breaks of course. less then a breath in the standing position? My ''rotuine'' when I get tired is to take a breath at the top and then go, so like a 1 to 2 sec rest if you will. Not up and straight down, and not up and stop for a break. Up and breath and down. Faster then that? Steady flying burpees?

Do you like the Beasty boys? This song came into my head thinking of keeping moving.

(NWFS) I think there is some cussing in it, other then that is is ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7i0ezQg2_4
I recognise those 1 breath burpees, I do them also when it gets tough, going to try and do the no breath ones first and only start those when it gets too tough, that means breathing while moving not completely holding my breath.

I liked the 'Beastie Boys' in about 1988 but that song would be welcome in the globo, the stuff they play is ridiculous sometimes so mostly I just block it all out. Remember to warm them shoulders up even when your not hitting them hard.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #7289
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
I recognise those 1 breath burpees, I do them also when it gets tough, going to try and do the no breath ones first and only start those when it gets too tough, that means breathing while moving not completely holding my breath.

I liked the 'Beastie Boys' in about 1988 but that song would be welcome in the globo, the stuff they play is ridiculous sometimes so mostly I just block it all out. Remember to warm them shoulders up even when your not hitting them hard.
Good point on the shoulders I will warm them up good befro the workout. They will be burning during the DU's. So any bets on reps? Number you are shooting for befor you have to break? 30, all 50?

Will you go at the DU's like Joe Cam? He hit it in great sets. I'm not in a place to do that yet.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #7290
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

Quote:
Good point on the shoulders I will warm them up good befro the workout. They will be burning during the DU's. So any bets on reps? Number you are shooting for befor you have to break? 30, all 50?

Will you go at the DU's like Joe Cam? He hit it in great sets. I'm not in a place to do that yet.
I also do the one deep breath in the standing position when they start getting tough. That or adjust my glasses as an excuse to slow down a bit lol. I'm gonna shoot for 25 without using the one deep breath at the top technique. And I'm also gonna take my glasses off before starting the burpees so I won't be able to use them as an excuse lol.