CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #2281
C James Barton

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
I have been on a couple of courses with Andrew Stemler and I am going to a Olympic lifting session on the 15th March at Newham.
When I saw that one it was already fully booked I'm going to join Bethnal Green Weightlifting Club, but I think I might have to wait until their 10-week course starts again.

Quote:
Are you going to the European Qualifier?
I'm still working on BrandX's puppies scaling, so I think the only thing I'd get from that is inspiration! Maybe in a couple of years
Old 02-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #2282
Fergus Lally

Profile:

Quote:
23 February 2009

For time:
Row 500m
115lb Push Press 21 reps
Row 500m
115lb Push Press 18 reps
Row 500m
115lb Push Press 15 reps
Row 500m
115lb Push Press 12 reps - 11.24 pr by default

Really went for it , no gaming , all the PP's were consecutive apart from the 18 rep set, this was because I had to clean it from the ground so did not want to waste any energy.

3 x 10 Bulgarian Split Squats

L-Pull up practice.
I had to give my wrist a rest save this one for later in the week but, as I'm really looking forward to doing it, I've been keeping an eye on the time and I think your time is fastest I've seen so well down. From the comments page anything below 14/15 looked to be very competitive.

Great work!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #2283
Fergus Lally

Profile:

Quote:
25 February 2009

Split Jerk
1-1-1-1-1-1-1

70k - 80k - 85k - 85k - 87.5k PR - 90k/198lb PR BODYWEIGHT - 80K X 5

All reps went straight up with no pressing at the top, very pleased and could of got more with bumpers and no people around me.

4 rounds for time:

Run 400m
50 Sit ups - 10.18

3 x 15 Back Extensions
Bulgarian split squats.
I failed at the 90kg so it looks like I'm chasing you on shoulders
again
Old 02-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #2284
Carter Jee

Profile:

hi scott...

that pretty good work on the split jerks!! must have been a buzz when you realised you were holding your own bodyweight overhead!!!

i definitely echo your sentiment about wanting a crossfit affiliate as a main gym!! like you guys, crossfit is only just started to take off here!

i reckon you'll progress at a frightening rate in a competitive group environment (you vs richard vs fergus!!!)... i did the row/push press WOD against a mate yesterday and it definitely shaved at least 2 minutes off my time!!! intense!!

anyway, i'm barracking for you to represent europe!!!

carter
Old 02-26-2009, 03:36 AM   #2285
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Nice work Scott!! Really nice!! PR pepper!!

You have a collection growing!!

I felt the same, good day today.
Thanks Nik, not as strong as you though, I like dancing broc better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Harris View Post
Congrats on the PR Scott! 200lbs is a bunch of weight to get over your head! Very proud of you my friend.

By the way, Liverpool won!!!! 1 - 0 away from home!
Nearly 200lb Nick, thats my next overhead goal now, should be a quick one. Great news on Liverpool winning away to Real Madrid, just have to finish them off at home now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C James Barton View Post
When I saw that one it was already fully booked I'm going to join Bethnal Green Weightlifting Club, but I think I might have to wait until their 10-week course starts again.

I'm still working on BrandX's puppies scaling, so I think the only thing I'd get from that is inspiration! Maybe in a couple of years
I am guessing your a lot younger than me James so you have the time to wait a couple of years before entering the qualifier. The 10 week course looks like it will build a very strong base for your lifting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus Lally View Post
I failed at the 90kg so it looks like I'm chasing you on shoulders
again
I am heavier than you so I needed to get a little ahead, you will have it very soon Fergus, before the qualifier I would guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter Jee View Post
hi scott...

that pretty good work on the split jerks!! must have been a buzz when you realised you were holding your own bodyweight overhead!!!

i definitely echo your sentiment about wanting a CrossFit affiliate as a main gym!! like you guys, CrossFit is only just started to take off here!

i reckon you'll progress at a frightening rate in a competitive group environment (you vs richard vs fergus!!!)... i did the row/push press WOD against a mate yesterday and it definitely shaved at least 2 minutes off my time!!! intense!!

anyway, i'm barracking for you to represent europe!!!

carter
Thanks loads Carter, when I got that weight overhead I held it there for about 5 seconds thinking now is the hard bit the careful lowering. I am so eager to see what they have in store for us at the qualifier, apparently they will be posting the workouts a week before!!
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 02-26-2009, 06:54 AM   #2286
Nik Nichols

Profile:

C2B today?!

It depends on how we do it, but if Brady and I start at the same time, I will do ring pullups and he will use the pullup bar, if we stagger, I will do C2B. I may carry some weight on the lunges, I will see how I feel come lunch time.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:19 AM   #2287
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
C2B today?!

It depends on how we do it, but if Brady and I start at the same time, I will do ring pullups and he will use the pullup bar, if we stagger, I will do C2B. I may carry some weight on the lunges, I will see how I feel come lunch time.
I will definately be going C2B as always, the only time I will revert to old style pull ups is out of interest to see were I am at with them. My gym is about 12ft wide so the 100ft walking lunge is going to make me dizzy. I might walking lunge in and out of the packed globo tonight that would really get some strange looks.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 02-26-2009, 07:19 AM   #2288
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

Hey guys, how many stationary lunges do you think equal to 100 feet? I will lose the pullup bar if actually lunge for 100 feet in my globo gym.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #2289
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
Hey guys, how many stationary lunges do you think equal to 100 feet? I will lose the pullup bar if actually lunge for 100 feet in my globo gym.
Stationary lunges dont do the job Ernie as your standing back up after each one, whereas with the walking lunge your body is constantly under tension and the core is working non-stop. I have exactly the same problem so I will just lunge 5 steps one way then 5 steps back so I am never far enough from the pull up bar for anyone to get on it.

Not sure how many steps equals 100ft, I am waiting for the answering chappie to put hes daily anecdote of the WOD on the messages in main page. wot wot
Old 02-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #2290
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
I will go pace it out for you.