CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #11
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:
Re: Wholesale Rubber Bumper Plates!

This is the EXACT same price ($1 per pound) that I charge for larger orders where I charge shipping as an extra item, $1 per pound.

On my website, for simplicity, I add in the average price of shipping to the amount of the items in the set. This keeps both me and the customer from going through the hassle and delay of getting a shipping quote for each individual order.

I know that there are bumpers available for even cheaper than this price, there are other styles or brands of bumpers that I could sell for even cheaper than $1 per pound. However, I have sold around 100,000lbs of the Hi-Temp bumpers and have NEVER received a report of a bumper broken through use. I have replaced exactly 3 plates so far, all manufacturing defects that should have never been shipped out, and were replaced immedietly. Because of the track record of these plates, both the ones that I have sold and the ones in use in my own gym, and because of the reasonable price, I believe that they are the best value that I can offer.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #12
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:

... and why give the money to a stranger on e-Bay when it could go to a fellow CrossFitter (ie. Glenn)? http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1...onwackobz7.gif
Old 10-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #13
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:

To be completely fair, I am not really a "Crossfitter"... really just an Olympic weightlifter type guy. Although as I get older I do enjoy some of the Crossfit type stuff more than max clean and jerks!

I do really love what Crossfit is doing to the world of "fitness" though. Its so nice to see so many people doing cleans and snatches and squats and actual HARD training and getting away from the machines and chrome. Anything that does that is great in my book, no matter what you call it!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 PM   #14
William Goldsmith

Profile:

I had the opportunity to speak with Jason today. As already discussed, the price for a full set of bumpers is $230. Shipping to MA would be another $125 for a total of $355 shipped. Jason told me these are the same bumpers as those sold by BiggerFasterStronger. I have yet to see a better price than this for an individual purchasing bumpers (i.e. not a commercial purchase or large quantities).

If there is someone with a better deal than this, I would love to hear about it.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #15
Travis Butler

Profile:

Hey there -

FYI - I had a few e-mails back and forth with Jason and it would be $340 for one set of the black shipped to the Chicagoland area. I had Jason send me some pictures of them (I've attached - hopefully).

I also dropped a line to Allison Foreman at York Barbell to quote a set to be shipped to Chicago and haven't heard back yet - will keep you posted.

Later
Travis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10# 005.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	845  Click image for larger version

Name:	10# 014.jpg
Views:	2571
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	846  Click image for larger version

Name:	10# 015.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	847  
Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #16
Matt DeMinico

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Goldsmith View Post
I had the opportunity to speak with Jason today. As already discussed, the price for a full set of bumpers is $230. Shipping to MA would be another $125 for a total of $355 shipped. Jason told me these are the same bumpers as those sold by BiggerFasterStronger. I have yet to see a better price than this for an individual purchasing bumpers (i.e. not a commercial purchase or large quantities).

If there is someone with a better deal than this, I would love to hear about it.
Glenn Pendlay can nearly match that price with bumpers that he (a world-class coach of some ridiculously stellar athletes) will stand behind. I would recommend getting his complete crossfit set, which is 45, 35, and 25lb bumpers, plus the crossfit economy bar, which I just got in the mail, and let me tell you, it's a WORLD of difference when doing lifts compared to my el-cheap-o "Cap Barbell" bar I got at Dunham's sports for $99 for the whole 300lb set (bar plus weights). Ok for squatting, maybe some deadlifts, bench, etc. But his crossfit economy bar is absolutely great.

When you order the weight set (bar plus bumpers) you basically get free shipping on the bar, and a smokin' deal on GREAT bumpers:
http://store.wfwclub.com/crweset.html

Here's for just the 90kg bumper set (you can choose kg or lbs)
http://store.wfwclub.com/90kgbumperset.html

Either way it's up to you, I don't think Glenn relies on this income for his livelihood, but he sells a GREAT product, at a great price, and always seems willing to offer advice on equipment and even training.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #17
Travis Butler

Profile:

Matt -

That is a great point - I meant to mention something in my last post - the cost doesn't include any bar!

I've been reading as many posts as I can for the past 3 months when I first found CrossFit and have heard nothing but good things about the price and products that Glenn sends out.

On a side note, I really not in the market for bumper plates YET but wanted to share the information with everyone (just got my wife to approve the order of a C2 rower which will be order tonight / tomorrow)

Best regards,
Travis
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #18
Rudy Tapalla

Profile:

Travis, I just order from Glenn (530#s and a men's bar). As other have said, I have heard nothing but good things about his products. If you ever feel like taking a drive into the city you are welcome to stop in the gym I work for to check out the products. Just send mail me.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 PM   #19
Travis Butler

Profile:

Rudy -

What gym do you work at? I work downtown (Jackson and Wells). We can chat outside of the thread. My work e-mail address is travis.butler@gt.com

Shoot me an e-mail - love to swing over during lunch time / after work.

Travis
Old 10-17-2007, 08:13 PM   #20
William Goldsmith

Profile:

Matt,

I am not suggesting that Glenn does not offer a good deal. I was simply stating that Jason's bumpers appear to be cheaper since they cost less and include 10 lb. bumpers as well as part of the package. As far as quality goes, since they are the same as those sold by BFS, I would assume they are of comparable quality. As far as a bar is concerned, you could then purchase whatever bar you want, be it Glenn's bar or York's needle bearing bar from Allison.

Have a great night.

Bill