CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:39 AM   #1
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:
Financing Growth

How did you guys finance your business's growth? Was it all owner investment/reinvestment, or did you seek financing from outside sources (family, investors, loans)? I'm curious for a number of reasons.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
Rick Martinez

Profile:
Re: Financing Growth

Randy,
I am ready to launch here in Texas. All financing was by me. I have scoured the boards to see how to make, buy, borrow or fabricate equipment to cut costs. Also, I am looking at economical, not "cheap" space to lease. Also, Skip and Jerry 'jarhead' Hill have been mentors, though unbeknowest to them, because I read and learn from their kernels of knowledge and see a new light. I firmly believe that passion is the motivator for success and a truly unstoppable force...however, a good plan must be in place.
If anyone is interested, I have numerous excel spreadsheets I can share which will greatly assist you in projecting cash flows, P&L, 12 month and 4 year projections and even budgeting. The spreadsheets are pre-formulated, so as an example, if you plug in estimated revenues, then your fixed/variable expenses, it spits out a projected net. Very simple sheets and user friendly. Biz plan i recommend Business Plan Pro 2007. I use the 2002(?) version and it has helped immensely.
Hasta
Old 09-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martinez View Post
Randy,
I am ready to launch here in Texas. All financing was by me. I have scoured the boards to see how to make, buy, borrow or fabricate equipment to cut costs. Also, I am looking at economical, not "cheap" space to lease. Also, Skip and Jerry 'jarhead' Hill have been mentors, though unbeknowest to them, because I read and learn from their kernels of knowledge and see a new light. I firmly believe that passion is the motivator for success and a truly unstoppable force...however, a good plan must be in place.
If anyone is interested, I have numerous excel spreadsheets I can share which will greatly assist you in projecting cash flows, P&L, 12 month and 4 year projections and even budgeting. The spreadsheets are pre-formulated, so as an example, if you plug in estimated revenues, then your fixed/variable expenses, it spits out a projected net. Very simple sheets and user friendly. Biz plan i recommend Business Plan Pro 2007. I use the 2002(?) version and it has helped immensely.
Hasta
Good lookin' bro! I used B. Plan '07...its diesel. i just wondered if any affiliates had actual figures (in percentages) so i had something concrete to go on instead of just guesstimates. Thanks though, I may take you up on it.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
Adrian Hovey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martinez View Post
Randy,
Hasta
Rick, that would be a huge help if you could share those spreadsheets - I've been trying to make up my own for awhile, and I think I have gooned them up pretty badly. Can you hit me at adrian.hovey@navy.mil
Old 10-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Tarasevich View Post
Good lookin' bro! I used B. Plan '07...its diesel. i just wondered if any affiliates had actual figures (in percentages) so i had something concrete to go on instead of just guesstimates. Thanks though, I may take you up on it.
could you shoot me those spreadsheets when you get a chance? thanks!
tarasevich@sbcglobal.net
Old 10-01-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
Rick Martinez

Profile:

Sent them. Let me know if y'all got them.
Hasta.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #7
Celio Silva

Profile:

Rick, I'll take your offer too. Thanx for sharing it!

interbeing@sbcglobal.net
Old 10-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #8
Travis Butler

Profile:

Rick -

I would love to see what you put together.

travisbutler15@yahoo.com

Best regards
Travis
Old 10-02-2007, 04:54 AM   #9
Dale Ryan Thompson

Profile:

Rick, if possible could you please send those to me as well.
Thanks Dale
drtfitness@gmail.com
Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #10
Conrad Schaefer

Profile:

Rick, I would like to jump on the wagon too. Can you shoot me those spreadsheets? Regards, Conrad

carbon68@msn.com