CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 02-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Zack Quilici

Profile:
Hey! Questions for my project!! :)

Participating in my journalism class project and our group decided to do it about the uprising sport of CrossFit and was hoping for some feedback
From this community !! Would mean the world ! Answer one or all of them! Anything helps! Thanks so much!

Why do you CrossFit?

What makes crossfit the new best way to get fit?

What makes crossfit different then a regular workout?
Is crossfit safe? How?

Would you recommend crossfit to anyone who is trying to get in shape fast? Or is it something you need train for in order to participate? why?

Why is crossfit important to you?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
Jeff Sprunger

Profile:
Re: Hey! Questions for my project!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Quilici View Post
Participating in my journalism class project and our group decided to do it about the uprising sport of CrossFit and was hoping for some feedback
From this community !! Would mean the world ! Answer one or all of them! Anything helps! Thanks so much!

Why do you CrossFit?

Is crossfit safe? How?

Would you recommend crossfit to anyone who is trying to get in shape fast? Or is it something you need train for in order to participate? why?

why i CF - variety, challenge, scalability

What makes crossfit the new best way to get fit - combines movements found in everyday life with strength training, flexibility, agility, etc...applies correct form with intensity for a truely exhaustive workout. add in proper diet = fit!

Is crossfit safe? How? with the proper coach/supervision, absolutely. alone-always the possiblity someone wil perform the movements wrong and end up hurting themselves. alone, a person really needs to study the movements, specifically, the large lift movements and take their time to learn them properly. as far as overworking yourself, always possible, but riding a bike the first time without training wheels was also dangerous = road rash! but we all did it, and survived!

Would you recommend crossfit to anyone who is trying to get in shape fast? Or is it something you need train for in order to participate? why? - CF definitely has the potential to whip someone in shape quickly, BUT, if someone has serious health issues, I would recommend seeing a doctor first, joining a Box with great coaches and taking your time. no training needed, CF is scalable to anyone's abilities.

Why is crossfit important to you? - it's new, it's fresh. it brings a lot of training philosophies together and makes them understandable. CF is important to me because of the community. I love talking CF, living CF and sharing CF with those who feel the same.

Last edited by Jeff Sprunger : 02-26-2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
Zack Quilici

Profile:

jeff that reply is exactly what i needed and i really do appreciate your time that you took to fill it out!! thanks so much!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Coy Bethel

Profile:

Why do you CrossFit?

I like the diversity. Like doing things I've never done before. Like seeing improvements. Love my coaches.

I don't necessarily think it is. There are many paths to fitness, and it really depends on someone's goals. Plus Crossfit itself varies from box to box and from the main site. The best exercise program / routine is frequently the one someone enjoys and will stick with. I think Crossfit has an advantage in that it combines many different elements of fitness.

Well, my regular work out before Crossfit was alone doing body weight exercises. So, it varies with the inclusion of equipment for Oly lifts, ropes, boxes and many other things. My work outs also frequently lacked intensity. Plus I have people to learn from right there with me now.

Is crossfit safe? How?

As safe as many other work out programs. People need to learn and do proper form. Take appropriate rest days.

I'd tell someone jump in and see if its for you!

Its fun. I just would of liked to of started it in my 20's.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #5
Helen M Brennan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coy Bethel View Post
Why do you CrossFit?

I like the diversity. Like doing things I've never done before. Like seeing improvements. Love my coaches.

I don't necessarily think it is. There are many paths to fitness, and it really depends on someone's goals. Plus Crossfit itself varies from box to box and from the main site. The best exercise program / routine is frequently the one someone enjoys and will stick with. I think Crossfit has an advantage in that it combines many different elements of fitness.

Well, my regular work out before Crossfit was alone doing body weight exercises. So, it varies with the inclusion of equipment for Oly lifts, ropes, boxes and many other things. My work outs also frequently lacked intensity. Plus I have people to learn from right there with me now.

Is crossfit safe? How?

As safe as many other work out programs. People need to learn and do proper form. Take appropriate rest days.

I'd tell someone jump in and see if its for you!

Its fun. I just would of liked to of started it in my 20's.
this above and i will add that the difference for me has been that despite my age I am treated as a person capable of exerting myself and making progress.
i too would love to have started at least a couple of decades earlier

H