CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
Donald Clarkson

Profile:
Garage Gym Anyone home???

Is there anyway to talk to a human at the Gatage Gym? i have emailed them about a $7,500.00 order - no response. I have tried to call them and the message says use the live chat - guess what - no IM or live chat allowed on my work computer.

I went to their webpage and see no live chat link. The link on how to contact them is dead.

Seriously, should it be this hard? Anyone know how to get a human there to follow up on an order??

I called Rouge Fitness and had the order the same week. Now that is cusomer service I can relate to.

Don

http://crossfitforthood.blogspot.com/

http://www.crossfitbelair.com/
Old 04-09-2009, 06:41 AM   #2
Noah Martin

Profile:
Re: Garage Gym Anyone home???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Clarkson View Post
Is there anyway to talk to a human at the Gatage Gym? i have emailed them about a $7,500.00 order - no response. I have tried to call them and the message says use the live chat - guess what - no IM or live chat allowed on my work computer.

I went to their webpage and see no live chat link. The link on how to contact them is dead.

Seriously, should it be this hard? Anyone know how to get a human there to follow up on an order??

I called Rouge Fitness and had the order the same week. Now that is cusomer service I can relate to.

Don

http://CrossFitforthood.blogspot.com/

Take your $7500 order elsewhere, there loss.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Michael Pilhofer

Profile:

I won't speak negatively about Garage Gym, but I will say that Bill and the CREW at Rogue Fitness have taken care of me! Their service and follow up is excellent and I had the pleasure a number of times to speak to a real human...something that gets lost these days.
www.CrossFitMSP.com
Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
Michael Whities

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pilhofer View Post
I won't speak negatively about Garage Gym, but I will say that Bill and the CREW at Rogue Fitness have taken care of me! Their service and follow up is excellent and I had the pleasure a number of times to speak to a real human...something that gets lost these days.
I can only speak for Rogue... I'll be sending them a check soon. Bill has helped me more than anyone else in CF or anything else.... and I haven't bought anything from him yet.

Michael
Old 04-10-2009, 06:47 AM   #5
Gonzalo Fernandez

Profile:

I'd also recommend Rogue Fitness. I just ordered a set of bumper plates from them and when I called with a question, Kris was very helpful.

I initially tried to order from Glenn Pendlay, but the operator at muscledriver was not very knowledgeable and could not answer my questions. She advised I contact Glenn, so I sent him an email 3 days ago and am still waiting for a response......
Old 04-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
Michael Whities

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalo Fernandez View Post
I'd also recommend Rogue Fitness. I just ordered a set of bumper plates from them and when I called with a question, Kris was very helpful.

I initially tried to order from Glenn Pendlay, but the operator at muscledriver was not very knowledgeable and could not answer my questions. She advised I contact Glenn, so I sent him an email 3 days ago and am still waiting for a response......
Don't discount Glenn (MuscleDriver) to much. I believe they are still in transition and I believe I remember Glenn saying he will be doing some speeches and what not. Give him time, he'll return your e-mail as soon as he can.

Michael
Old 04-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #7
Gonzalo Fernandez

Profile:

Michael,

I like Glenn, and have talked to him several times in the past prior to making purchases. That's why I wanted to place the order through his company.

The problem was I needed to place the order this week, and the operator told me they were out of 45's and would substiture a 35 and 10 (which I didn't want), or I could wait 8-12 weeks. She also could not answer questions regarding differences between the Hi-Temps and Krailburg bumpers.

I did not have that problem with Rogue.

I'll try him again in the next few months....I may be in the market for a new bar.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:17 AM   #8
Michael Whities

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalo Fernandez View Post
Michael,

I like Glenn, and have talked to him several times in the past prior to making purchases. That's why I wanted to place the order through his company.

The problem was I needed to place the order this week, and the operator told me they were out of 45's and would substiture a 35 and 10 (which I didn't want), or I could wait 8-12 weeks. She also could not answer questions regarding differences between the Hi-Temps and Krailburg bumpers.

I did not have that problem with Rogue.

I'll try him again in the next few months....I may be in the market for a new bar.
Ahh, I understand that then. Most people (I guess under educated like myself) read your post like you were done with him and decided to spend money elsewhere as he hadn't returned an e-mail. I stand corrected.

I'd done the samething. Actually, I'm about 3 to 4 days from ordering from Rogue myself.

Michael
Old 04-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #9
Benji Whitehead

Profile:

I got the set from muscledriver and found out they were out of 45s. I was going to wait on the 45s but they called me 2 days ago and said it would be 8 weeks or more, so i asked if the 20kg bumper is the same diameter. they said yes, so i told them to send it. it should be here today. i hope it really is the same diameter or I guess I'll try to send it back or ask Glenn for help. I didn't think the 1lb difference would effect me very much.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #10
Michael Whities

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Whitehead View Post
I got the set from muscledriver and found out they were out of 45s. I was going to wait on the 45s but they called me 2 days ago and said it would be 8 weeks or more, so i asked if the 20kg bumper is the same diameter. they said yes, so i told them to send it. it should be here today. i hope it really is the same diameter or I guess I'll try to send it back or ask Glenn for help. I didn't think the 1lb difference would effect me very much.
Or sell it to me cheap.

Michael