CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 06-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Tyson Wright

Profile:
"Tape" in journal videos

I've seen several videos where it appears people are wearing black tape on their shoulder/upper back area. There's no pattern to it. Anyone know what that is?
Old 06-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
Mike Piper

Profile:
Re: "Tape" in journal videos

It could be physio-tape. I've also heard it called kineseotape. This is assuming it is what I think you are describing. Could you post the specific link to the video?
Old 06-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
Nicholas DaSilva

Profile:

Dont quote me on this but I think its called like "Spidertech" tape and its a therapy or rehab type of sports tape. Im not too familiar with it but i think has something to do with muscle strains and keeping the muscles "flowing" i dunno. Im pretty sure I have the product name right but maybe not so much its uses and purpose. I do know its supposed to be of similar weight and feel as the human skin so I should get like a B+ for effort. Google SpiderTech...that may help.

Nick B.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
Tyson Wright

Profile:

Check out the recent video posted titled "Hellís Half Acre: The South Central Men"....towards the beginning of the snatch/ohs, you see a guy drop it and almost fall into the crowd. He has the "tape" on his shoulder area.