CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Jason Tanner

Profile:

Expanding Knowledge

Right now I am an 18 year old student devoted to crossfit. I recently passed my NSCA-CPT and have signed up for the may level one crossfit cert. at North Carolina. Since I want to start a crossfit gym within the next two years I was wondering what other certs I should look for. Not only crossfit but outside of crossfit such as the USA Weightlifting cert. From experience gym owners what would you consider some great educational programs or certifications I could sign up within in the next two years to expand my knowledge and help my future crossfit gym prosper in helping clients exceed with elite fitness? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

*edit* I just noticed that they are having another level one cert this April in Georgia. Kind of frustrated I paid for the $250 at NC cert. Is there any way I could just not pay the rest of the cert at NC and instead pay for the cert in Georgia. Would I be penalized for not paying at NC. I honestly have no idea if it would be cheaper to go to NC now??

Last edited by Jason Tanner : 02-15-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Leonid Soubbotine

Profile:
Re: Expanding Knowledge

On top of the CF certifications (especially O lifting and Barbell) - definately check out local affilliates and find out if they're doing any local seminars - there might be great coaches available for training that will also fit the bill and schedul.