CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 04-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
Sean Pizel

Profile:
"Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather has taken a break from bashing ODLH in order to trash the UFC. He taunts that he'd pay Liddell a Million Dollars out-of-pocket if he beat one of Team Mayeather's Heavyweights in a Boxing Match.

You can read Dana White's perfect response by follwing this work/kid safe link: http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Chee/Cheeufc_040207.htm

I must confess to being curious myself, as to how Chuck would perform in a boxing match. I think an exhibition would make everyone many millions.

Anyhow, here's to hoping Oscar puts the smack-down on PBF (And Hatton triumphs over Castillo!). Wow, this is going to be a good year for boxing.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
Neil Khant

Profile:
Liddell put it best in an recent interview. Boxing is like Checkers and MMA is like Chess.

Not that boxing is not difficult but you know they are coming at you with fists. In MMA they are coming at you with everything.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:24 AM   #3
John Hoffner

Profile:
Dana White is the man. 10 tickets with Oscar indeed! I've gotta thank his attitude and snarky remarks for alot of the success of the UFC, without his flashy wardrobe and quick witticisms my wife would not be near as accepting of all the Spike TV TUF, Unleashed and pay-per-view events.
On the PBF mess, he's a joke, boxing is afraid of passing into the tar-pits with the dinosaurs. It would seem to an outsider that people only learn to box to go to the olympics or pack a better punch in MMA. TV rating and PPV takes appear to support that. MMA ratings and takes are soaring, PBF should take note of success and share some praise and respect. Maybe then he'd get some himself.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
Peter Queen

Profile:
Well, it’s like anything else in life. When you are at the top of your game and you got there under your own steam, there is always some A-hole waiting in the wings to take pot shots at you.

Hey where did they get that picture of Dana from? Is that an old one or is he growing his hair back?:g: