CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-22-2005, 08:24 AM   #11
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
I only have about 20 watches...really. Tactical watch: Casio G-Shock (you could deflect bullets and bludgon people with it), running watch: Nike, wod watch: Timex Ironman Sleek, outdoor watch: Sunto, everyday watch: Tag or Rolex or my choice of about 10 others, walking around causual watch: Nike titanium Lance Armstrong watch (couldn't pass it up at the Nike store). Blah, blah, blah, my daughter is obsessed with purses, I've got a watch fetish...you don't even need to sell me on this.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:30 PM   #12
Brendan Melville

Profile:
A watch fetish, and you're not even going to get one?! Get it, and send some of those other ones my way. I use my Polar heartrate monitor watch as a stopwatch in my workout (sans chest strap most of the time), and that OVA watch sets my mouth watering.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #13
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Brendan - I think what Larry is saying is that you don't have to sell him on it because he wouldn't dream of going through life without a watch you wear on the edge of your wrist rather than on top. Just think how much easier it will be to see how your Elizabeth time is going while holding the bar in the clean, how you avoid any aerodynamic penalty by looking at your watch as part of your normal arm swing rather than throwing your elbow out into the airflow to see the awkwardly placed TOW position (Top of Wrist), and of course I don't need to belabor the whole beathable watch band thing.

Larry, I have a similar fascination with sunglasses. Mostly Oakley...in fact, they are all Oakley. I have E-wires, polarized C-wires, Romeos, Juliets, the shooting array and 4 sets of M-frames in various colors with an assortment of hybrid, sweep and heater lenses, in nearly all the lens colors. I have lots of watches too, but not 20. Have you seen anybody about that?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:59 AM   #14
Matt Gagliardi

Profile:
God, I combine the best/worst of Eugene and Larry...I'm cursed with both a watch AND sunglass fetish. 100% Oakley on the shades...7 pairs of them. And 6 watches (various flavors). I'm also developing a nice cell phone collection.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:55 AM   #15
Rene Renteria

Profile:
Casio G-Shock (you could deflect bullets and bludgon people with it)

Got one of these for Christmas years ago and showed it to a friend. "Damn thing is indestructible! See?" Threw it to the floor.

Broke it.

He's still laughing.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:51 PM   #16
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Oh yea, Oakley's 3 pair (M-frame just for running), also got the Oakley boots and the Addias GSG9 boots (just in case)! The toys just get more expensive.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:49 PM   #17
Michael Keller

Profile:
I recently had to break myself from my addiction. I had about 10, but forced myself to sell off all but four of them. I wear the G-Shock the most, and a Citizen Eco-Drive titanium. I really like the looks of the OVA though. May have to take the plunge........
Old 05-23-2005, 07:05 PM   #18
Jim Aldridge

Profile:
Y'all must not have small children. I have a two year old little boy (nicknamed affectionately by his sisters as "the little monster") who has, without provocation, "disassembled by force" every pair of sunglasses I have owned for the past two years. All I buy now is $10 cheapo's at Walgreens.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:03 PM   #19
Steve Seckinger

Profile:
Larry -
How do you like the Oakley boots? I heard about them on the Strategos website where they had posted a discount form, then saw them at an Oakley store in Vegas -- they look way comfy. I've got a pair of Oakley's "cross trainers" and love 'em.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:15 AM   #20
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Steve, I love them (got the American made, gov. issue through a police program). They are soft and light, but feel tougher than the GSG9's. I think they are standard issue to Special Forces. The only thing that bugged me was the laces seemed to split open and the interior of the laces were sticking out (this could be fixed with a new pair of $2.00 laces). Anytime I'm working tactical type work, I wear them and am very happy.