CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
Jacob William Baker

Profile:
Crossfit Football Training

Fellow Athletes,

I've recently been working out alone and not being able to do WODs with any affiliate. I thought it'd be nice to be able to choose my own workouts but I''ve found that sometimes I'll skip over a WOD with a weakness for say another WOD that "seems more fun." I've decided to follow CFFB to regulate my crossfit workouts.
My only question is, if I don't actually play football, how do I know if i should do the In-season/Off-season WODS, and whether or not I should do the Professional, collegiate or amateur strength portions?
Do they program each of these differently depending on what kind of football training their target demographic will be doing?

Thanks All,

JWB
Old 08-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Jason Halm

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Football Training

You should do off-season, because in-season has less volume, taking into consideration the demands that football puts on the athlete. Amateur is for people who can make daily progress, college is for people who can make weekly progress, and professional is for others. Try out amateur if you're unsure.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Struan Potter

Profile:

http://www.crossfitfootball.com/page...u=faq&page=faq

If you don't play football, you should follow the off season programme.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
Sheldon Kreger

Profile:

I recently switched to CFFB because I need strength training. I am consistently adding 5lbs to all of my lifts as they direct. It feels great.

I do off season amateur training.

-sheldon
Old 08-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
Carl Amolat

Profile:

I'd keep an archive of the In-Season WODs because of their reduced volume since you are in the service you may have to deal with mandatory unit PT. If you want strength work on the side use the reduced volume of the in season WODs.