CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-17-2009, 06:18 AM   #1
Patrick Poblocki

Profile:
recipe needed

Hi all.

So, I have a nice 3lb. pork roast. I want to throw it in the crock pot. Any good recipes?

Thanks,

Pat
Old 06-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Tirzah Harper

Profile:
Re: recipe needed

Rub it with salt and maybe a pork rub spice mix, peel a bunch of garlic cloves, cut slits in the roast all over and shove a garlic clove in each slit.

I'm sure sweet potatoes would taste awesome if you threw some in the pot with the roast too.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
Patrick Poblocki

Profile:

Thanks! But, I got it too late. This is what I went with: 3 garlic cloves, 1 tbs coconut oil, salt and pepper, ginger, soy sauce, 1 can pinapple chunked, red onion, and one half bottle of hard cider. Not sure, but we'll see...

Pat
Old 06-18-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
Jay Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Poblocki View Post
Thanks! But, I got it too late. This is what I went with: 3 garlic cloves, 1 tbs coconut oil, salt and pepper, ginger, soy sauce, 1 can pinapple chunked, red onion, and one half bottle of hard cider. Not sure, but we'll see...

Pat
Pat;

Sounds interesting. I would not have used that much hard cider and not sure about the coconut oil, but pork is pretty forgiving. The Pineapple sounds like a good touch.
The nice part about a Crock Pot is that it retains moisture, hence you don't need to add much fluid. Pork has a great fat content, so the long slow cooking breaks that down and the meat ends up cooking in it's own juices. The additional spices you added will nicely flavor the meat.

Feel free to vacuum seal and send any leftovers to Tizah and me.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:54 AM   #5
Patrick Poblocki

Profile:

Yeah, I really don't know what I'm doing. I woke up this morning and my condo smells like vomit. I'll still eat it, though, no matter what! I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm not sure why I went for the hard cider...perhaps I just wanted the other other half.

Jay, I know you've posted a lot of great recipes. Are they--by any chance--all located in one place? If not, I'm happy to pop around this post to find them.

Pat
Old 06-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
Jay Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Poblocki View Post
Yeah, I really don't know what I'm doing. I woke up this morning and my condo smells like vomit. I'll still eat it, though, no matter what! I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm not sure why I went for the hard cider...perhaps I just wanted the other other half.

Jay, I know you've posted a lot of great recipes. Are they--by any chance--all located in one place? If not, I'm happy to pop around this post to find them.

Pat
Pat, NO ONE screws up Pork in a Crock, if I was closer, I'd stop over, bring you some great food, then smack you.

I think most recipes are just floating around, but Google Crock Pot recipes and you'll find tons. Now eat your Pork Roast, bet it still tastes pretty good, just smells funky.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
Drake Deming

Profile:

I remember my Aunt throwing a brisket or some cut like one in a crock with a whole jar of canned jalepeno's. This was on Sunday to go with football. Might not be too bad if you use fresh peppers and some water.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
Renee Lee

Profile:

it's definitely hard to mess up anything in a crock pot. you gotta keep flavor profiles in mind. pineapple with hard cider doesn't work for me. pineapple and a little dark rum? yummy. maybe even some coconut milk...

it'll still probably taste good!