CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 03-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
Rob Brown

Profile:
13.3 'Déjà vu' strategy.

'Déjà vu'

12 minute AMRAP of:
150 Wall balls
90 Double-unders
30 Muscle-ups

Well.. if I remember correctly, last year it was try not to poop my pants. ..this year, I plan on doing better. What numbers are you guys going to break the wallballs into?
Old 03-21-2013, 02:59 AM   #2
Corey Tomala

Profile:
Re: 13.3 'Déjà vu' strategy.

I think I'm going to break the wall balls up into 30's and give myself a quick rest between them.

My concern really is the DU's because I haven't gotten down the rhythm completely yet. I can currently do them pretty well at a 2-1-2 rhythm. Does anyone know if that is going to be unacceptable? I didn't see anything on the website or on the video against it, and I would assume as long as the person in my video that is counting only counts the good ones that it would be alright?
Old 03-21-2013, 05:39 AM   #3
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Tomala View Post
I think I'm going to break the wall balls up into 30's and give myself a quick rest between them.

My concern really is the DU's because I haven't gotten down the rhythm completely yet. I can currently do them pretty well at a 2-1-2 rhythm. Does anyone know if that is going to be unacceptable? I didn't see anything on the website or on the video against it, and I would assume as long as the person in my video that is counting only counts the good ones that it would be alright?
Nothing wrong with that. So long as you only count the doubles and not the singles.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #4
Ryan Gonzalez

Profile:

My goal is to try and slow my wall ball pace down from last year. I went way to fast out of the gate. I am thinking that if I can watch the clock and do 1 wall ball every 3 seconds, I will finish them in 7.5 mins. Then I will try to power through the DU's. All in all I want to leave myself at least 1 min for MU's.
Last year I only got through 50 DU's but I hope with better pacing and conditioning I will do better.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #5
Tricia Magrini

Profile:

I plan on having a few failed MU attempts lol. Finished 240 last year, planning on the same this year.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #6
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:

Last year (I was only 4-5 months into training) I did 35-15 then 10's until the very end then hit some sets of 5 to finish. I completed the WB's in 10:30. I only had double-single-double. I had to rest 30 seconds to even try them and managed to get 47 in the final minute (got lucky and hit a bunch in a row).

This year, I am not sure. Will play with it a bit. I am not a fan of wall balls (short guy) but overall I am much stronger with better mobility...I also have DU's nailed pretty well (hit 90 in a row last night while practicing) and can hit muscle up's as well...but after all this ahead of them, I am not sure if I'll have the juice. Hope to get a shot at them
Old 03-21-2013, 05:56 AM   #7
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

http://vimeo.com/38610215

Rudy's take on it from last year. (NWFS)
Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #8
Dan Douglas

Profile:

How do you guys do this stuff? I cant even keep correct count when doing a triple.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #9
Alex Romero

Profile:

I'm trying to build some kind of reasonable expectation for this, but I've never done Karen before, so it's kind of difficult to gauge how long the wall balls will take me. If anyone in a similar situation as me did this WOD last year and can share how long the wall balls took that would be great. While I would love to have time to attempt a MU, I don't want to set that target if it's simply not realistic (though it doesn't mean I still won't try)

Here's a little more info.

I'm one year into Crossfit and am holding my own in the Open so far (a little above 50th percentile)

I've done some high rep wall balls before, but the wall balls always came after another heavy duty move (OHS, squat clean, C&J, etc), so I'm generally only able to get 25 before needing to rest briefly, so I'm hoping to get to 30 right out of the gate

I'm 6' 195lbs

Thanks
Old 03-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #10
John Holcombe

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Romero View Post
I'm trying to build some kind of reasonable expectation for this, but I've never done Karen before, so it's kind of difficult to gauge how long the wall balls will take me. If anyone in a similar situation as me did this WOD last year and can share how long the wall balls took that would be great. While I would love to have time to attempt a MU, I don't want to set that target if it's simply not realistic (though it doesn't mean I still won't try)

Here's a little more info.

I'm one year into Crossfit and am holding my own in the Open so far (a little above 50th percentile)

I've done some high rep wall balls before, but the wall balls always came after another heavy duty move (OHS, squat clean, C&J, etc), so I'm generally only able to get 25 before needing to rest briefly, so I'm hoping to get to 30 right out of the gate

I'm 6' 195lbs

Thanks
This pretty much describes me. No idea what to expect on this. Goal is to at least get one muscle up