CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #161
Dylan Forbes
Banned Dylan Forbes is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Perth  Western Australia
Posts: 226
Re: The Outlaw Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Nadeau View Post
I think the most important part people might not realise is they need the sleep/rest days to keep up with the volume, and they need to eat more food.
This is the same as every program, no?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #162
Jordan Derksen
Member Jordan Derksen is offline
 
Jordan Derksen's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg  MB Canada
Posts: 1,482
Re: The Outlaw Way

If you're lifts aren't where others are then what does that mean? It's one thing to be PRing like crazy when you can only clean 135 and squat 200. It's another thing to add 30lbs to you're lifts in short order if you clean 285 and squat 385. Sleep/recovery/eating sounds easy when you're riding beginner gains.
__________________
30/6'2"/203
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #163
Drew Nadeau
Member Drew Nadeau is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sault Ste Marie  ON Canada
Posts: 44
Re: The Outlaw Way

I was more along the lines of refering to jay rhodes's 475 back squat that im no where near. Ive been training since highschool, im not on any noob gains, and wouldn't suggest this program for a new comer. My comment remains, sleeping, eating and recovery are going to be the most important when volume is increased which it seems everyone is talking about when theyre refering to outlaw.

Lets not forget technique also.

Edit: the only reason i stated the obvious about nutrition and stuff is because most people dont actually know how important it is.

Last edited by Drew Nadeau : 07-15-2012 at 12:50 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #164
Ben Orga
Member Ben Orga is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Aliso Viejo  CA
Posts: 50
Re: The Outlaw Way

Talayna!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #165
Nicholas Wheeler
Member Nicholas Wheeler is offline
 
Nicholas Wheeler's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia Beach  VA
Posts: 604
Re: The Outlaw Way

Individuals -
-Talayna Fortunato 3rd
-Elisabeth Akinwale 7th
-Candace Hamilton Hester 27th
-Candice Ruiz 29th
-Alicia Gomes 32nd
-Christen Wagner 41st
-Rika Diederiks 43rd

-Chad Mackay 9th
-Patrick Burke 16th
-Justin Allen 26th
-Austin Stack 34th
-Kevin Simons 37th
-Jason Hoggan 38th
-Brandon Phillips 42nd

Teams
-CrossFit Central 13th
-CrossFit Champlain Valley 18th
-Team Butchers Lab 23rd
-CrossFit CDR 24th
-CrossFit 7 Mile 41st

Not a bad showing for one program
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #166
Troy Kenshin
Member Troy Kenshin is offline
 
Troy Kenshin's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dix Hills  NY
Posts: 98
Re: The Outlaw Way

I have a former pro rugby player, turned Competitive crossfitter working out at my gym. He and I have both been following The Way for a few months and love it.
He asked me to post this here because his forum account hasn't been approved yet and he's doesn't want to wait.

'' Hi all,
New to the forum and I have a quick question if anyone would be so kind as to reply. I played professional rugby overseas for a few years and have retired in order to pursue Crossfit since it sparked my interest/ competitive drive. Im accustomed to doing an olympic lifting session, Power Lifts, then conditioning as well as on the field playing/ drills everyday and have built a high strength base/ work capacity.
The Outlway way is great, but the volume just isn't enough for me. Id like to add a second metcon, or an EMOM to each days training and would like to know which format you think would be best.

Format 1:
AM: BBG + STR
PM: CON 1 + CON 2

Format 2:
AM: BBG + CON
PM: STR + CON
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #167
Paulo Santos
Banned Paulo Santos is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hopatcong  NJ
Posts: 2,164
Re: The Outlaw Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Kenshin View Post
I have a former pro rugby player, turned Competitive crossfitter working out at my gym. He and I have both been following The Way for a few months and love it.
He asked me to post this here because his forum account hasn't been approved yet and he's doesn't want to wait.

'' Hi all,
New to the forum and I have a quick question if anyone would be so kind as to reply. I played professional rugby overseas for a few years and have retired in order to pursue Crossfit since it sparked my interest/ competitive drive. Im accustomed to doing an olympic lifting session, Power Lifts, then conditioning as well as on the field playing/ drills everyday and have built a high strength base/ work capacity.
The Outlway way is great, but the volume just isn't enough for me. Id like to add a second metcon, or an EMOM to each days training and would like to know which format you think would be best.

Format 1:
AM: BBG + STR
PM: CON 1 + CON 2

Format 2:
AM: BBG + CON
PM: STR + CON
Outlaw dowsn't have enough volume? That's a new one. Which blog is he following?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #168
Andrew Bell
Member Andrew Bell is offline
 
Andrew Bell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston  TX
Posts: 4,021
Re: The Outlaw Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Santos View Post
Outlaw dowsn't have enough volume? That's a new one. Which blog is he following?
No joke.

Personally if you are wanting to go with a split workout type schedule, first try doing the strength in the mornings, then hours later coming back and hitting the BB Gymnastics and met con. Or do the BB Gymnastics and the Strength, then come back and hitting the met con fresh.

Past that if you're STILL wanting to add more, then do your Strength and your EMOM, then your BB Gymnastics and your met con at least 6 hours later. Start out slow, just one day a week, then move to 2, at some point you will hit diminishing returns and find yourself in an over trained state.

Sean I'm sure can go into more detail on this stuff.
__________________
| Log (wfs) |

Last edited by Andrew Bell : 07-16-2012 at 02:50 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #169
Jordan Derksen
Member Jordan Derksen is offline
 
Jordan Derksen's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg  MB Canada
Posts: 1,482
Re: The Outlaw Way

What I would actually suggest is screw the second metcon. He's a former Rugby player so he should be comfortable here. But work agility ladders, foot speed drills, shuttle runs, drive a sled, or even get a buddy to throw a football while you sprint to catch it. Every missed catch is 5 immediate burpees.

Seriously.

No reason to just do more metcons... have some fun. The added sport specific drills in my opinion will put you in a separate class from other crossfitters who just do pullups and power cleans all day and never leave the box walls. Part of our prescription is to learn and play new sports. Wonder how many people actually do any sport stuff for fun.

Oh wait... Rich does.
__________________
30/6'2"/203
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #170
Ben Orga
Member Ben Orga is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Aliso Viejo  CA
Posts: 50
Re: The Outlaw Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Derksen View Post
What I would actually suggest is screw the second metcon. He's a former Rugby player so he should be comfortable here. But work agility ladders, foot speed drills, shuttle runs, drive a sled, or even get a buddy to throw a football while you sprint to catch it. Every missed catch is 5 immediate burpees.

Seriously.

No reason to just do more metcons... have some fun. The added sport specific drills in my opinion will put you in a separate class from other crossfitters who just do pullups and power cleans all day and never leave the box walls. Part of our prescription is to learn and play new sports. Wonder how many people actually do any sport stuff for fun.

Oh wait... Rich does.
Where's the like button?
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"the outlaw doctrine" Eric Trent Miller Starting 29 03-31-2012 06:01 PM
OPT VS. OUTlaw programs Evan Peikon Fitness 3 01-27-2012 05:35 PM
New bill to outlaw organic farming John S Park Nutrition 10 06-12-2009 02:49 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.