CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 12-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #41
Arturo Garcia

Profile:
Re: My 7 months progress

Nice set.

Your most impressive video, to me, is the 10 Ab-Wheel rollouts from the feet. I find that Wheel to be incredibly hard even from the knees. Then again, I'm all kinds of messed up so it makes sense I'd have such a weak core.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:08 AM   #42
Vasko Naumov

Profile:

Quote:
Your most impressive video, to me, is the 10 Ab-Wheel rollouts from the feet.
They are super hard for me, but with time and right efforts everything possible.
Squat: 4x5@130kg
Overhead Press: 3,4,3@70kg
Happy Holidays.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	8735  

Last edited by Vasko Naumov : 12-24-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #43
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasko Naumov View Post
They are super hard for me, but with time and right efforts everything possible.
Squat: 4x5@130kg
Overhead Press: 3,4,3@70kg
Happy Holidays.
Crazy Abs Vasko! Props for your sustainted progress.

I still perceive you as a little "skinny" (no offense please) and would love to find out if you can actually put on some more muscle-mass while on such little carbs. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be a priority for you so we may never find out.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #44
Troy Kenshin

Profile:

vasko,
Im looking to lower my carbs and do a similar diet to what you do, but i wanted to know if you have any advice on it.

1) about how many calories do you take in daily?
2) can i maintain cf style workouts on this diet or do you only do strength work now?
3) it seems as if you just eat a lot of meat/butter, so are there any specific foods you reccomend? any meal templates? do i have to eat all the butter/added fat or will just meat suffice?
Old 12-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #45
Vasko Naumov

Profile:

Quote:
I still perceive you as a little "skinny" (no offense please) and would love to find out if you can actually put on some more muscle-mass while on such little carbs. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be a priority for you so we may never find out.
I will put on 3-4kg next year. For now I want to be as lean as possible and to have good relative strength.
Quote:
1) about how many calories do you take in daily?
2) can i maintain cf style workouts on this diet or do you only do strength work now?
3) it seems as if you just eat a lot of meat/butter, so are there any specific foods you reccomend? any meal templates? do i have to eat all the butter/added fat or will just meat suffice?
1. Now 3000-4000kcal, but the first 8 months between 3500-5000kcal.
2. My strength, strength endurance and overall endurance went up. So YES.
3. Any meat, eggs, butter, lard, organ meat, vegetables, cheese and small amount fruits. Eating 3 times per day. I add butter or lard to lean meat as chiken. It's a cheap energy.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #46
Troy Kenshin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasko Naumov View Post
I will put on 3-4kg next year. For now I want to be as lean as possible and to have good relative strength.

1. Now 3000-4000kcal, but the first 8 months between 3500-5000kcal.
2. My strength, strength endurance and overall endurance went up. So YES.
3. Any meat, eggs, butter, lard, organ meat, vegetables, cheese and small amount fruits. Eating 3 times per day. I add butter or lard to lean meat as chiken. It's a cheap energy.
how many calories did you eat before you lowered your carbs, because i feel as if i lower my carbs ill be eating more meat/fat to make up for it which will make my calorie count 3000+, meanwhile I'm only eating around 2100 now so ill start to gain a lot of weight.

also how much carbs do you recommend per day? and how do you know how much butter/fat to add to each meal etc.

I'm very interested in trying this, but id like to know all the details so i can do it correctly
Old 12-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #47
Dave Traeger

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Kenshin View Post
how many calories did you eat before you lowered your carbs, because i feel as if i lower my carbs ill be eating more meat/fat to make up for it which will make my calorie count 3000+, meanwhile I'm only eating around 2100 now so ill start to gain a lot of weight.

also how much carbs do you recommend per day? and how do you know how much butter/fat to add to each meal etc.

I'm very interested in trying this, but id like to know all the details so i can do it correctly
Just work out what your maintenance level of calories is and eat more than that if you want to grow or less than that if you want to lose BF. Remember to factor in your activity level. Why are you making it so difficult?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #48
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Kenshin View Post

You're 5'9" and 130lbs and you're worrying about gaining weight?

You're not going to suddenly get fat by adding 900 calories a day--3000 calories is still a pretty small number. Just eat more and lift heavy and stop thinking so much. Counting macronutrients is the last thing you should be wasting your time on right now.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #49
Evan Peikon

Profile:

if you just eating meat and little vegetables, how/where do you get you vitamins?
Old 12-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #50
Evan Peikon

Profile:

And can you post a few days for worth of sample meals. I saw the one ou posted before , but I'd like to see more of a weekly view type of thing if possible