CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 06-19-2006, 11:31 PM   #1
Seral Mehmet

Profile:

I have some knee pain which I 1st felt when I was in junior school(6-10 years old)
Didn't feel it for a long time after that. I think about 2-3 years ago was playing 5aside football and it came back a bit.

It has just come back now im training in martial arts(I havn't been active for a while)

Im thinking if it could possibly be muscle imbalance(because I have been doing squats and lunges an dno leg curl type movements which I think works the opposite muscle?)

Maybe its just poor nutrition. I have been eating chocolate again which I used to eat alot when I was at school
Old 06-20-2006, 06:09 AM   #2
Elliot Royce

Profile:
You haven't really described the pain specifically enough. I don't see chocolate being the cause, though.

You mention leg curls. Those are potentially the cause because they make the knee track in a non-natural way. You can get irritation of the knee tendons.

If you are more specific, someone should be able to help you. We have an MD and several physical therapists who frequently post.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
Seral Mehmet

Profile:

earlier today the pain was quite high making it hard to walk on it. there was alot of pain to bend my leg and if i did bend it it was painful to straighten it out.

it seems to be swollen above the knee(compared with other knee)

right now it feels alot better still a bit of pain. i think i could have trained my martial arts by how it is feeling now(didn't train earlier because of the pain :-( )
It's defo not 100% tho

just tryed lunging with right leg forwards and feel pain in left knee. lunging with left leg has pain too although seems slightly less.

The pain is coming from above the knee and slightly towards the inside. so if someone is looking towards it, it would be the top left of the knee.

hope thats enough info. there must be something to prevent it happening again(however it happened)

maybe not chocolate but not enough nutrition maybe? which the body needs to rebuild and function
Old 06-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
Elliot Royce

Profile:
I'm not an expert, Seral. I think you should see a doctor given the symptoms. There could arthritis. There could be an infection. It could be the kneecap not tracking properly. I think gout is even possible. Swelling and pain both bending and straightening do not sound like a simple sports injury.

If you don't get a more expert opinion from one of the other guys on this board, then I would see your orthopedist.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:37 PM   #5
Seral Mehmet

Profile:

knee is alot better. i coud do full squats with no pain which i was happy about. today tho tried the pistol. the pain is there still

think ill make sure i eat better food. plenty of veg to get that vitamin goodness
Old 06-27-2006, 12:15 AM   #6
Christian Lemburg

Profile:
Seral,

go to a doctor. Swelling and pain like you describe warrant a visit to a professional. Just "eat better food" will not cut it. You have abused or misused your body and need to correct that. Do you have a trainer or some experienced sports buddy? If yes, ask them for an opinion. Get real, hands-on advice. Diagnosing something like this over the internet is very hard.

Good luck, and fast recovery,

Christian