CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
Danim Suer
Member Danim Suer is offline
 
Danim Suer's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver  BC Canada
Posts: 54
Re: Ready for UFC 127?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Blankenship View Post
Dana wont cut Bisping, that is Dana's golden ticket in the UK. I'm a huge Bj fan but this is a tough match up for him. Hopefully he pulls it out.
Yeah true, he'll be kept around until there is a Brit fighter to be the poster boy. Dan Hardy would have been perfect if he had one but he is in the same division as GSP :P
__________________
http://MMADeal.com | Latest and hottest fashions in MMA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #12
Paul A Booth
Member Paul A Booth is offline
 
Paul A Booth's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Riverside  CA
Posts: 75
Re: Ready for UFC 127?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Borawski View Post
This card is a dud, IMO. Zero interest in Penn vs. Fitch and really don't get why anyone wants to watch Bisping fight, especially against someone as irrelevant as Rivera. Condit-Lytle looked to be the only good fight and now it's not happening.
A dud? Zero interest in watching a fight? Pretty harsh Becca. Rivera has had a tough last couple of years with his daughter dying and while he's 38 years old, who knows what he could be capable of. Anderson Silva has said a couple of times that he has tons of respect for Bisping and would like to fight him in the UK - we all know Silva's disdain for having to fight opponents who he feels are beneath him. If the Champ (some would say Best Ever) respects his ability and feels he deserves a shot then I want to see this fight, or any other Bisping fight, to see if I see what AS sees.

I was really looking forward to Condit-Lytle too. Very disappointing that it is off now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
Becca Borawski
Affiliate Becca Borawski is offline
 
Becca Borawski's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland  OR
Posts: 1,231
Re: Ready for UFC 127?

I've met Rivera in person - he's a super nice guy and really committed to his family. Doesn't mean he's anything but B level when it comes to his fighting skills. He has no business being that high up on a card...unless a matchmaker was trying to make a not-so-great fighter look better with the match-up. Bisping has always been overrated.

And Silva says he doesn't want to fight Sonnen in a rematch...and then praises Bisping and says he does want to fight him...hmmmm...I think maybe he just wants to keep his belt and is hoping Bisping's popularity in the UK will make for some decent PPV numbers for him.
__________________
Becca Borawski
Managing Editor - www.breakingmuscle.com

www.crossfitla.com -- www.modernathena.com -- www.nerdjockprincess.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #14
Jason R O'Dell
Banned Jason R O'Dell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moore  OK
Posts: 3,396
Re: Ready for UFC 127?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul A Booth View Post
A dud? Zero interest in watching a fight? Pretty harsh Becca. Rivera has had a tough last couple of years with his daughter dying and while he's 38 years old, who knows what he could be capable of. Anderson Silva has said a couple of times that he has tons of respect for Bisping and would like to fight him in the UK - we all know Silva's disdain for having to fight opponents who he feels are beneath him. If the Champ (some would say Best Ever) respects his ability and feels he deserves a shot then I want to see this fight, or any other Bisping fight, to see if I see what AS sees.

I was really looking forward to Condit-Lytle too. Very disappointing that it is off now.
So because the champion says he respects a fighter that means we should automatically want to watch that fight? People can't have their own taste and likes?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #15
Matt Payne
Member Matt Payne is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cambridge  ON
Posts: 482
Re: Ready for UFC 127?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul A Booth View Post
A dud? Zero interest in watching a fight? Pretty harsh Becca. Rivera has had a tough last couple of years with his daughter dying and while he's 38 years old, who knows what he could be capable of. Anderson Silva has said a couple of times that he has tons of respect for Bisping and would like to fight him in the UK - we all know Silva's disdain for having to fight opponents who he feels are beneath him. If the Champ (some would say Best Ever) respects his ability and feels he deserves a shot then I want to see this fight, or any other Bisping fight, to see if I see what AS sees.

I was really looking forward to Condit-Lytle too. Very disappointing that it is off now.
Why on earth would Silva ever fight Bisping? What has Bisping done to even deserve a shot at Silva? I really don't care what Anderson says....Bisping needs to start beating some top middle weights first so; let's see him fight Sonnen, Belfort, Marquart....first before he get's too ahead of himself and in too deep.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #16
Paul A Booth
Member Paul A Booth is offline
 
Paul A Booth's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Riverside  CA
Posts: 75
Re: Ready for UFC 127?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
So because the champion says he respects a fighter that means we should automatically want to watch that fight? People can't have their own taste and likes?
Of course not Jason, merely having a discussion. It sounds as though this is more about personal favorites than Bisping. Some of the best fights I've seen were fights that weren't high up on a card or were not expected to be good fights.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #17
Becca Borawski
Affiliate Becca Borawski is offline
 
Becca Borawski's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland  OR
Posts: 1,231
Re: Ready for UFC 127?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul A Booth View Post
Of course not Jason, merely having a discussion. It sounds as though this is more about personal favorites than Bisping. Some of the best fights I've seen were fights that weren't high up on a card or were not expected to be good fights.
For sure -- just because someone isn't a household name doesn't mean they can't put on a great fight. Clay Guida shocked the heck out of people when he first got on the UFC because he put on such great fights, win or lose.

But the difference here is we ARE talking about a supposed marquee fighter and this IS a UFC without any matches that appear to be interesting. You can't ask people to buy a PPV based on "you never know how it might turn out - it COULD be interesting."
__________________
Becca Borawski
Managing Editor - www.breakingmuscle.com

www.crossfitla.com -- www.modernathena.com -- www.nerdjockprincess.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #18
Jason R O'Dell
Banned Jason R O'Dell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moore  OK
Posts: 3,396
Re: Ready for UFC 127?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Borawski View Post
For sure -- just because someone isn't a household name doesn't mean they can't put on a great fight. Clay Guida shocked the heck out of people when he first got on the UFC because he put on such great fights, win or lose.

But the difference here is we ARE talking about a supposed marquee fighter and this IS a UFC without any matches that appear to be interesting. You can't ask people to buy a PPV based on "you never know how it might turn out - it COULD be interesting."
Yeah, if it looks like it's going to suck I prefer to save my 50 bucks. If something turns out to be awesome then that's what the replay or DVDs are for. Heck I get burned enough on cards that are supposed to be good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #19
Pearse Shields
Member Pearse Shields is offline
 
Pearse Shields's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palmerston  New Zealand
Posts: 1,798
Re: Ready for UFC 127?

I'm going to the pub to watch it for free with the guys from the other MMA gyms in town. Good card or not, it's still a great way to kill an afternoon.
__________________
If it had parents, eat it till you're full My YouTube
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #20
Paul A Booth
Member Paul A Booth is offline
 
Paul A Booth's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Riverside  CA
Posts: 75
Re: Ready for UFC 127?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearse Shields View Post
I'm going to the pub to watch it for free with the guys from the other MMA gyms in town. Good card or not, it's still a great way to kill an afternoon.
Same here Pearse - it won't be free but there are plenty of places where we can watch it for 5-10 dollars.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you stay ready, you ain't got to get ready Cassie Crosby Workout Logs 28 08-26-2010 06:34 AM
If you stay ready, you ain't got to get ready! Cassie Crosby Workout Logs 0 07-22-2010 07:56 AM
New and ready Arlo Holmes Starting 1 08-11-2009 12:27 AM
Ready to GO Mark Meriweather Starting 5 04-19-2008 07:28 AM
On being ready Bert Brams Fitness 3 11-21-2005 10:28 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.