CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #291
Bert Brams

Profile:
Re: Bert's Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
Bert I just did your challenge and it was hard as hell. Thanks.
No problem man, glad to be of service.
100m sprint: 10:97 - BW:165 My now or never log
Old 09-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #292
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
Bert I just did your challenge and it was hard as hell. Thanks.
Bert, I just did it and got 15:50. thrusters were heck. But they are my goat. Got dizzy a little on the skin the cats, but not bad. That was tougher then it looked.Shoulders are toast.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:28 AM   #293
Bert Brams

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Bert, I just did it and got 15:50. thrusters were heck. But they are my goat. Got dizzy a little on the skin the cats, but not bad. That was tougher then it looked.Shoulders are toast.
You're all scaring me mate ... I wrote this stuff down and still haven't done it myself.

Still, glad you've enjoyed it!

Totally unrelated update:

My blood tests are just in!

I usually have my blood tested once a year, to see if everything's fine and dandy. I've always eaten quite a few eggs, but for the last 8 months or so I've been having 5 eggs for breakfast and a few more later on in the day.
I know the cholesterol from food has little influence on your own, and most of the gossip surrounding eggs and such is bunk.
However, tests came in and proved my point: cholesterol is fantastic(HDL even improved), liver is great, testosterone and all other stuff nicely in order. Even thyroid function has improved since going on a paleo-ish diet.
I'm now dropping all dairy too, see where this brings me.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:09 AM   #294
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Thats great news Bert, the paleo diet might help a lot with all your injuries also. Ive had two really bad days of training since jumping off the paleo wagon after my comp. Back on it now since Tuesday. I will be very interested to see if dropping dairy has any extra benefits for you as I am currently paleo plus dairy and some legumes. Good luck with it.

ps: your challenge was horrible, totally killed me. Great exercise those burpee snatches, will use them again.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 09-24-2009, 04:37 AM   #295
Bert Brams

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Thats great news Bert, the paleo diet might help a lot with all your injuries also. Ive had two really bad days of training since jumping off the paleo wagon after my comp. Back on it now since Tuesday. I will be very interested to see if dropping dairy has any extra benefits for you as I am currently paleo plus dairy and some legumes. Good luck with it.

ps: your challenge was horrible, totally killed me. Great exercise those burpee snatches, will use them again.
I have the feeling it's already helping. Some of the chronic inflammation issues I've been dealing with have already eased and my face is looking a TON more lively(I had the feeling I'd aged 10 years in the past 3 years).

Keeping the legumes, but not every day. I will eat a big grain meal 2-3 times a week post-workout because I do flatten out quite a bit on no carbs and my training/work weekly workload.

Glad you liked the challenge man. I love those burpee snatches too, great exercise that lends itself to high reps nicely without degrading in form too much.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:40 AM   #296
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Brams View Post
I have the feeling it's already helping. Some of the chronic inflammation issues I've been dealing with have already eased and my face is looking a TON more lively(I had the feeling I'd aged 10 years in the past 3 years).

Keeping the legumes, but not every day. I will eat a big grain meal 2-3 times a week post-workout because I do flatten out quite a bit on no carbs and my training/work weekly workload.

Glad you liked the challenge man. I love those burpee snatches too, great exercise that lends itself to high reps nicely without degrading in form too much.
Really glad to hear its helping with the inflammation, makes sense as putting crap oil in a car would create problems just the same. I also eat oats sometimes in the morning when I am feeling particularly deflated, we probably have the same metabolism.

On those burpee snatches the only bad thing for me was I had to use a curling bar which is very short and my elbows were clashing with the plates, my own fault as I was not patient enough to wait for another bar to be free. Think its Nik Nichols challenge today, expect pull ups.

Edit: Did you see the Scandinavian Crossfit competition on 'Competitions', thought you might be interested.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 09-24-2009, 05:03 AM   #297
Bert Brams

Profile:
Post Re: Bert's Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Really glad to hear its helping with the inflammation, makes sense as putting crap oil in a car would create problems just the same. I also eat oats sometimes in the morning when I am feeling particularly deflated, we probably have the same metabolism.

On those burpee snatches the only bad thing for me was I had to use a curling bar which is very short and my elbows were clashing with the plates, my own fault as I was not patient enough to wait for another bar to be free. Think its Nik Nichols challenge today, expect pull ups.

Edit: Did you see the Scandinavian Crossfit competition on 'Competitions', thought you might be interested.
Yeah, running 100% on nothing but paleo would make me pretty flat ... I've already dropped quite a few kilos and not all of them were fat and water.
I guess when you're doing the volume we are you still need something extra.

That Scandinavian Challenge looks interesting man!

It is pretty close ... I'm considering it, definitely. If school and proper funding is in order, I might go, just for the experience.
Are you interested in it?

Last edited by Bert Brams : 09-24-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:30 AM   #298
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Yeah, running 100% on nothing but paleo would make me pretty flat ... I've already dropped quite a few kilos and not all of them were fat and water.
I guess when you're doing the volume we are you still need something extra.

That Scandinavian Challenge looks interesting man!

It is pretty close ... I'm considering it, definitely. If school and proper funding is in order, I might go, just for the experience.
Are you interested in it?
It would be fantastic to get over there, great competition and I have never seen Sweden, but after spending loads last weekend and using all my yearly leave its impossible. Real pity, although I think more and more of these competitions will start to appear, people are just realising what a fantastic way to compete that it is.

Yes some of us definately need some extra food, this is why I started eating so many sausages just to get some volume in, right now fighting to stay over 86k and before I took up paleo it was usually 90k+.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:00 AM   #299
Bert Brams

Profile:

Quote:
It would be fantastic to get over there, great competition and I have never seen Sweden, but after spending loads last weekend and using all my yearly leave its impossible. Real pity, although I think more and more of these competitions will start to appear, people are just realising what a fantastic way to compete that it is.

Yes some of us definately need some extra food, this is why I started eating so many sausages just to get some volume in, right now fighting to stay over 86k and before I took up paleo it was usually 90k+.
I think you've earned a new nickname mate, you and your sausages

True about the extra food. I'm stocking up on mixed nut paste(like peanut butter, but all-natural and it has to be from hell so good ... and expensive )constantly ...
I'm now around 74 kilos but I really need to get some muscle mass back. I look athletically, but not to my satisfaction.
Ate half a meatloaf between breakfast and noon yesterday and was still hungry. I am not complaining though. Getting leaner from eating a ton, what could be better?

Would love us all to compete together some time.
I'm kinda torn on this at the moment ... I'd like to do a powerlifting competition before the CF Qualifiers, but this would take at least 6-8 weeks of preparation. Can't bet on too many horses at once though.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:23 AM   #300
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
I think you've earned a new nickname mate, you and your sausages

True about the extra food. I'm stocking up on mixed nut paste(like peanut butter, but all-natural and it has to be from hell so good ... and expensive )constantly ...
I'm now around 74 kilos but I really need to get some muscle mass back. I look athletically, but not to my satisfaction.
Ate half a meatloaf between breakfast and noon yesterday and was still hungry. I am not complaining though. Getting leaner from eating a ton, what could be better?

Would love us all to compete together some time.
I'm kinda torn on this at the moment ... I'd like to do a powerlifting competition before the CF Qualifiers, but this would take at least 6-8 weeks of preparation. Can't bet on too many horses at once though.
Yes we cannot complain too much about eating like this. Really going to try and not mention sausages for at least today, I would hate to be nicknamed something with sausage in it.

CF is betting on too many horses, its impossible to bring up all your weaknesses without forgetting other things and getting behind, even if you have the time to do everything your recovery would never be able to handle it. The powerlifting would certainly give you the strength at the qualifier, maybe hit that then make sure you get the running involved straight afterwards.