CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
Dave Young

Profile:
Here's your early warning to mark calendars and be a part of the next CrossFit Live. The subject is C2 rowing, and the guest is Noel Wanner from C2. We'll talk mechanics, strategies, both C & D computers, and anything having to do with rowing. He'd also like your suggestions for making a better rower (mine will be a CrossFit-specific rower with quick-release foot straps and a seatbelt).

Real-time dialog is the most valuable, but for those of you who have questions/comments and know you won't be able to phone into the live event, please add your questions to this thread and I'll make sure he gets them.

For everyone else, the show is Sunday, April 23rd, 7P (Pacific). See www.crossfitlive.com for details. As always, your questions are better than mine and make for a better archive. The call and the show are both free. Be a part of it.

Dave
Old 04-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
Jason Billows

Profile:
Thanks Dave.

I'm really looking forward to this edition of CF Live. I'll plan to listen and call in with some questions.

In advance of the show perhaps Noel could give some thought to rower or rowing exercise alternatives for those who don't have access to a C2 or are saving to buy one.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:15 AM   #3
Chris Kemp

Profile:
Hi Dave, will really try and catch this one live but in case I miss it how about some drills/ techniques for troubleshooting common problems?

Two off the top of my head are banging the back of the heels with the seat on recovery and lifting off the seat (completely or partially) when ratcheting up the power.

Also, what benefits do you get from rowing strapless and what is the best way to get into it?

Cheers, kempie

PS on the quick release strap idea I have found if I leave a little slack in them the material is stiff enough too hold it's shape so can kick in/ pull out hands free.