CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-11-2015, 07:08 PM   #291
Jon Campbell

Profile:
Re: Nike Metcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Shots fired officially. Looks like Nike will have a special color out for the Games next week. I like the reference to the banned Jordan 1's

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/...-1-varsity-red

WFS

Michael, if you don't want them, don't get them, the Nano 5 looks pretty solid as well.
Those are freaking sweet.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #292
Shawn M Wilson

Profile:

Today I was shoe shopping with my kids and one of them asked why are a pair of shoes 180$

I said because guys like me want them bad enough and will pay for them...

The air Jordan looking ones are really tempting me...
Old 07-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #293
David L Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snir Golan View Post
i am drooling on my screen, i want them so bad but i already have the other red coming for much cheaper.

as for the hype, i have been using nothing but my Metcons since i got them and honestly, for me at least, the Nano's aren't even close. even with heavy barbell work, i don't feel the need to run and get my lifting shoes.

last week i did a LONG workout that pretty much had everything in it and the shoe was AWESOME.
I agree with you 100%. I can't stand how sloppy and clunky Nanos feel. I tried on the new Nano 5.0 today and they are better, but they still don't compare to the Metcon.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #294
Roger Dreis

Profile:

I tried both 9.5 and 10s but returned them in the end.

Both gave me the lump in my right forefoot feeling (Almost immediately when trying the 10s).

Sticking to Nano 4s and 5s which both feel awesome in a 10.

Shame as I love the colourways.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:28 PM   #295
Ben Leeper

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael A. Jones View Post
Serious question: Are the Metcons THAT great or is everyone feeding off hype...?
I ask because I am torn between ordering the Nike or the Nano 5.0. I've been through Vibram, Merrell, Reebok and INOV during my CF workouts. All have served their purpose, and I don't believe that one shoe can be as awesome as depicted. Most had high praise for the Nano 4.0, but I hated them with a passion! I'm not a huge Nike fan, so I don't want to pay for a shoe that is not going to work for me; BTW, I have a semi-wide foot which is another reason I don't steer towards Nike.
Be gentle....

Michael
Michael, I have had my Metcons for a couple months and have done many workouts in them. I really like them. some would disagree, but they feel a lo stiffer to me than nano's but that isn't necessarily a bad thing for me.

Also, I have super wide feet and they fit great and I have never been able to wear Nikes in the past.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:13 AM   #296
Jason Newland

Profile:

Finally got mine.

I can see the hype now. I really like them. Could I have lived without them and done just fine in my Nano 3's? Yes. But I am still pleased with them overall. Nice fit, even for my hobbit feet.

I also had a set of the banned Jordan colorway in my cart from the Nike release yesterday, but didn't feel like dropping another $130 just on another pair two days after getting my first pair. I just wanted to see if I could even get to them before the Nike server imploded.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:29 AM   #297
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Got some serious heel blisters (one of which popped) while rowing yesterday.

Row 500
10 over the rower burpees
Row 500
Rest 1:30
X5

I was on the third set and started feeling some serious discomfort.

Not sure if it's because the shoes are still pretty new and not quite broken in yet or if it's a Metcon thing. I went from having them really tight, loosening them, then took them off altogether for the 4th and 5th round and rowing in my socks.

I had a similar issue w my Nano 4s a few months back but I think I rowed 5k, 50 burpees, 5k or something dreadful like that. Could've just been an issue with it being super hot out and me sweating like crazy.

Just figured I'd mention it and see if anyone had a similar issue rowing with their Metcons?
Old 07-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #298
Greg Whitekettle

Profile:

Looks like I may be in the severe miniority here but I have had mine for about a month now and they are definitely not my favorite pair of shoes. They are very solid for lifting but for metcons (ironic, right?) and running especially, I prefer my new balance minimus. Maybe its just that I've been using the new balance for so long but the Nike's feel heavy to me. The other issue I have is that the soles feel too stiff for things like running and double unders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
Got some serious heel blisters (one of which popped) while rowing yesterday.

Just figured I'd mention it and see if anyone had a similar issue rowing with their Metcons?
I have not experienced it to that extent, I but definitely get some heel slippage with these shoes. I almost feel like there should be one more eyelet at the top of the shoe to help lock in the foot better.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #299
Jason A Smith

Profile:

I also found them stiff at first but much prefer running in them to my last two pairs of Nanos, which were useless for running.

On a side note we used my Nike coupon to snag a pair of the Lauren Fisher colorways for the wife yesterday. She is now going to put her very gently used Volts up for sale, wonder if we will get any bites
Old 07-17-2015, 02:26 PM   #300
Snir Golan

Profile:

since my shoulder is still recovering, the past month or so has been nothing but torture for the shoes and they have performed amazingly well.

this week has 10k row, 5 mile run, 8x 400m intervals, tons of squatting and tons of box jumps. not even once did i have a complaint about the shoe and it felt great during all of it.

yesterday, i put on my Nano 3.0 just to go to the store and my god, it felt so.... squishy...

now if i only i can get my hands on that new Varsity colorway for a decent price..