CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 06-24-2015, 06:32 AM   #251
Jayme Gruber

Profile:
Re: Nike Metcon

Got mine yesterday. Our WOD was 800 meter repeats and I didn't really want to break in new shoes by running 2.5 miles so I only wore them for the beginning of class. But, based on that small sample size, I really did like them. I don't know if my Nano 4s are just old or what but the Metcons felt super supportive and really locked in on the sides of my feet. They're comfortable and definitely felt solid. Looking forward to training more in them the new few weeks.

Also, I got an 11 in them which is what I wear in Nanos and the sizing was perfect.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:52 AM   #252
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
Got mine yesterday. Our WOD was 800 meter repeats and I didn't really want to break in new shoes by running 2.5 miles so I only wore them for the beginning of class. But, based on that small sample size, I really did like them. I don't know if my Nano 4s are just old or what but the Metcons felt super supportive and really locked in on the sides of my feet. They're comfortable and definitely felt solid. Looking forward to training more in them the new few weeks.

Also, I got an 11 in them which is what I wear in Nanos and the sizing was perfect.
I thought the same thing about being supportive and locking in the sides.

Did my first really anything last night in mine. i have been wearing them around just on the weekends and stuff, but last night was my first workout in them. Squats (3 @315lbs), with a 50 yard sprint as soon as you rack it, for 5 rounds, with as much rest as you need between attempts. Felt good.

Like them so far. My Nano v5 should be here this week or next. Be interested to compare.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #253
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Well, I too am Metcon'd up.

Got the black pair from a friend last week, my Daring Red pair came in yesterday as well. And yes, the mesh is much different. Gonna give them a go tonight with some rope climbs as well.

Also, Nike processed my claim so i will have a credit. What is a guy to do ? I do not need this many pairs of training shoes.......

Gonna have to figure out what my options are.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:55 AM   #254
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Well, I too am Metcon'd up.

Got the black pair from a friend last week, my Daring Red pair came in yesterday as well. And yes, the mesh is much different. Gonna give them a go tonight with some rope climbs as well.

Also, Nike processed my claim so i will have a credit. What is a guy to do ? I do not need this many pairs of training shoes.......

Gonna have to figure out what my options are.
Wait for Met Con 2??
Old 06-26-2015, 09:05 AM   #255
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Do not ever run anything over a mile in these. I ran 2.5 miles last night in them, and I was begging for mercy after the first one. By 1.25 it was everything I could do not to just walk.

My Nano 5.0's are on their way (just got the shipping notice) and it will be interesting to see the difference.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #256
Tim Squires

Profile:

Strange. I ran a 5k in mine the second time wearing them. Felt much better than my nano 2s. On the other hand I've had issues rowing in them. They seem to be digging into my heels.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:44 AM   #257
Jon Campbell

Profile:

So I got an email on Friday at 4:30 from Rogue stating the Daring Red in size 10 were in stock. I was at the gym at the time so didn't see the email until I was leaving. Got home at 6:00 and they were already out of stock.

It's becoming obvious that Nike really doesn't care about getting serious in CrossFit. The dock issues on the west coast are all but over so at this point there is no excuse for these shoes to not be available if they really want them to be.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:51 AM   #258
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Campbell View Post
So I got an email on Friday at 4:30 from Rogue stating the Daring Red in size 10 were in stock. I was at the gym at the time so didn't see the email until I was leaving. Got home at 6:00 and they were already out of stock.

It's becoming obvious that Nike really doesn't care about getting serious in CrossFit. The dock issues on the west coast are all but over so at this point there is no excuse for these shoes to not be available if they really want them to be.
agreed. i stopped by the Nike store here in Boston and wanted to see what they had and they only had the black Metcons in size 11 available. i also stopped at the mall yesterday and checked out Finish Line, Foot Locker and Champs and none of them had any in stock or even on display. its great that they created a very nice shoe and a lot of the athletes gets all the cool colors but if i can't buy them, whats the point?
Old 06-29-2015, 10:02 AM   #259
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Rogue has 13 different pairs listed.

Only three have any sizes in stock. Two of them just have 13s and the other has 8, 8.5, 9 and 11.5

It's pretty ridiculous.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:56 PM   #260
Dylan Farr

Profile:

For endurance they aren't all that. The squarish heel lug I'm not a fan of. I'm lucky I get shoes from Nike and my contact said its the hottest selling shoe. They've already finished the Metcon 2. Even employees of Nike and my NTC trainer friends been struggling to get them. Nike is the king of hype and as I was told they didn't anticipate the sell through. At all.