CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-09-2004, 02:11 PM   #1
Parth Shah

Profile:
Ok, I have a problem. I'm confused. I'm not used to following a training program. Everything I've done in the past, I've created. I've written all these articles on Jubei's, and lot of them are very similar to the crossfit. In fact I've even had one article on Randomized Training. Should I continue with my training, or should I follow crossfit. I can't follow a routine, so I was thinking of creating something with crossfit components. I began making templates of the workouts. But there is so much variety, it's hard to make templates. I need help.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:19 PM   #2
Kevin Roddy

Profile:
Parth -

Check out the February 2003 edition of Crossfit. You'll find it enlightening.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:41 PM   #3
Parth Shah

Profile:
uhm....... well... thanks. What's it about?

Anyways, I did come up with something. Basically I went back and looked at all my posts and basically developed templates out of my own articles. I'll just mix things up. Here are my templates:

1) Rani
Alternating between two exercises for 20 minutes

2) Kajol
3 weight exercises followed by cardio exercise. Doing 1 set on the first exercise, and 5 sets of each on exercises 2 & 3. Do 5x5 on hard or barbell exercises. Keep cardio short.

3) Preity
Alternate between different types of pushups and pullups for four rounds

4) Sushmita
Cardio exercise
Exercise 3x15
Exercise 4x10
Sprints

5) Mahima
Circuit, 4 rounds alternating cardio w/ exercise in following order: legs, arms, trunks, abs

6) Gracy
Circuit of 6 exercises, 4 rounds

7) Urmila
Cardio, 3 bodyweight exercises, 3-trisets, cardio

8) Amrita
Cardio, 3 exercises 5x5,1 exercise 4x8, cardio, ab work

9) Shilpa
4 exercises: 15x2, 15x2, 10x1, 20x1,
Ab work

10) Aishwarya
Power Hindu Pushup/Squat workout, 5 rounds

I named the workouts after indian actresses.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:30 AM   #4
Kris Freeman

Profile:
You sound like you have the imagination to put some good workouts together, try the Crossfit wod out for a month or so. During that time, try to observe the different rotation of Couplets/ focus days, and the taxing of different metabolic pathways from workout to workout. I think it was the March Crossfit Journal that also breaks down the foundation of crossfit workouts.

Try wod
Note results and patterns
This will help if you are wanting to go by the Crossfit "organization" of workouts, and there are ENDLESS combinations.

Enjoy,
Kris
Old 05-10-2004, 07:06 AM   #5
Parth Shah

Profile:
I have been doing crossfit as of late, but I've also mixed in some of my own workouts.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:03 AM   #6
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Parth, if I remember correctly you are fairly young. Crossfit was developed from a distilation of years of training experience gathered from various experiences and experts and refined by evaluating the results of countless athletes. If you look at the message board you will see it works for a wide variety of individuals. I have had 25 years of training experience, I choose to let the Crossfit people put my workout together, in the form of the WOD. Why reinvent the wheel? Really evaluate where you are. Have you met all of your fitness and sports goals? Do you have ANY weak areas. If so, do the WOD as written. I believe it takes at least five years to master anything. You start a new job. . .five years until your not a rookie. Give the WOD some time, alot of time, and you will discover things about the wod, fitness, and yourself.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:28 PM   #7
Parth Shah

Profile:
Thanks, well I've been training for about 4 years. I saw the old crossfit site a few years back, and began training in a random form about a year ago. That was really when began changing. I've been doing things similar to the crossfit methodology, but not the actual wods. Thanks. I will try to follow the wods as best I can.