CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #71
Greg Light

Profile:
Re: Compression Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Rowland View Post
Greg,
I forgot to get the sizing down I am 5 10- 5 11 on a good day. My issue is I am 210 now due to weight gained after surgery however I am usually around 195-200 and should be their in a month. Your chart has be between M and L. Can you give me you suggestion on size please. Thanks again!
Hi Bryan,

I'm about the same weight and close to the same height, so I tread that same line. I find the mediums are perfect in length, but really tight in the thighs. For a workout I often wear the mediums, but for recovery I will usually wear the larges and cuff the bottoms slightly so there is no slack.

Sorry for the wishy washy answer, but it's a tough one that comes down to personal preference. There is not a huge difference between sizes with compression stuff since they stretch so much.

For shirts, you can get a good idea based on suit coat sizing. I typically think that a 40 or 42 would be a medium and a 44 or 46 would be a large.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #72
Bryan Rowland

Profile:

I will go with large as of now it is for recovery I need them. Thanks again
Old 04-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #73
Mike Gin

Profile:

Wow super fast shipping! My stuff arrived lightning fast! The socks actually look better than the photo on their website - I thought they had some blue in them but they're all silver and black (which of course is my favorite NFL team... the Raiderrrrrrrrrs!!!)

Haven't used the stuff yet (got the compression shorts too - funny those things look so tiny). But if the shipping speed is any indication of the product, I'm excited to get this stuff some use!!!

Thanks for the discount for CFMB users and your contributions to those charities!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #74
Scott McIntyre

Profile:

Ugh, USPS shipping sucks, Im dying to get these! My order was shipped on the 19th and they have not updated the tracking info since the 20th! lol
Old 04-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #75
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McIntyre View Post
Ugh, USPS shipping sucks, Im dying to get these! My order was shipped on the 19th and they have not updated the tracking info since the 20th! lol
Yeah, Canada takes some time. To give you an idea of how long it took for someone else in Canada, I shipped it out on 15th and they received it on the 28th.

Wish there was something I could do.....
Old 04-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #76
Bryan Arciero

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Shaw View Post
of course I was order #102!
They're clearly going fast; I ordered on Thursday AM and it was at #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Light View Post
Thanks Ron. I'll be curious to hear what you think about how our stuff stacks up vs your Skins stuff.
I've been wearing Skins for a couple years now, and was looking at something cheaper as well as more versatile. It was also a bonus that these things cover the sock portion and the compression portion all in one (the skin calve sleeves stil require a separate pair of socks). I've used the A400 calve tights, and their previous version that had the stirrups.

The compression on these socks is noticeably different. The Skins felt more localized, whereas these are felt throughout the bottom part of the leg, from around the gastrox part of the calve muscle, all around to the front as well. They were a b!tch to get on, clearly that was the expectation given that they are compression socks, not comfort socks.

That all being said, the material was thicker than the Skins (these are clearly woven differently), but even then there was no issue of any sort of uncomfortable feeling during training this AM. As someone who sweats like a hooker in confession and starts to pour buckets of the stuff before any serious training starts, this was a huge bonus.

The main reason I was looking to transition from Skins was that the barbell was starting to catch on the skins during any kind of lifting (particularly on the "older" versions where the stitching is right up the middle of your calve in bright yellow; this would always catch whenever I was lifting). After 55 DLs this AM, this wasnt an issue with the Spun socks, though time will tell after a lot of washes.

Now, I'm still partial to my "travel" Skins as I have worn these for 24 hours straight and by the grace of God dont stink like a NY sewer, though the socks are clearly worth it for general day to day training and are a good compliment to Skins if you want them for competitions and race days.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #77
Scott McIntyre

Profile:

NO WORRIES Greg! Not your fault brother...
Old 04-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #78
Richie Korn

Profile:

Ordered a pair of socks from Greg on Saturday...It was shipped within the hour...I received them today (Monday). Very Impressed with the level of customer service! I have no opinion on the benefit of the socks since this is my first pair of compression socks and I've had them on for 10 minutes. I will say this, Greg you need to take a new pic of the socks showing that they are black, grey and white... no blue in the sock at all. If I had know this I would have ordered them when you first posted. The blue really turned me off but I finally came around and gave them a shot. VERY HAPPY that they are black and grey....now hopefully they will add 100# to my DL and 12" to my box jump!
Thx,
Richie
Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #79
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Korn View Post
Ordered a pair of socks from Greg on Saturday...It was shipped within the hour...I received them today (Monday). Very Impressed with the level of customer service! I have no opinion on the benefit of the socks since this is my first pair of compression socks and I've had them on for 10 minutes. I will say this, Greg you need to take a new pic of the socks showing that they are black, grey and white... no blue in the sock at all. If I had know this I would have ordered them when you first posted. The blue really turned me off but I finally came around and gave them a shot. VERY HAPPY that they are black and grey....now hopefully they will add 100# to my DL and 12" to my box jump!
Thx,
Richie
You're the second person today that told me they looked blue. Must be the lighting when we had the pictures taken or maybe I'm color blind

I'll get some new pics up shortly.

As an FYI - They only added 50lbs to my DL..... just kidding.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #80
Joey Shishineh

Profile:

Just got my socks and shorts. Fast shipping, great communication, and most importantly great products. Job well done with products that match the quality of my 2XU and Skins compression gear.