CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #11
Shawn M Smith

Profile:
Re: VFF Komodo / NB Minimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Miller View Post
Do you use them interchangeably or do you preferentially use one for specific exercises?
I was using the VFFs for everything at first and I actually bought the NB Minimus' for their intended purpose (trail running), but I wore them to the gym one day randomly and realized they were good for general Crossfit, too. I sort of mix it up without much rhyme or reason these days, except I really do prefer the VFFs for doing Olympic lifting or other stuff that requires balance (like the occasional P90X workout that I mix in). I can feel the ground a lot better and I feel like they help me out.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #12
Shawn M Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Michaelson View Post
Call me weird, but i like wearing my VFF in public. The reactions on people's faces are actually quite entertaining.
Yes, they can be amusing at times... A lot of people make faces like they just realized they stepped in a big pile of dog crap when they see my feet.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #13
Nalin Prabhu

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn M Smith View Post
Yes, they can be amusing at times... A lot of people make faces like they just realized they stepped in a big pile of dog crap when they see my feet.
I had a kid (5-6 yrs?) walk by, do a double take, stare wide eyed and say "mommy, that guy has gloves on his feet".. classic.

I just bought the NB MT10 (trail version) and so far I love them, haven't actually worked out in them, but they are a lot more snug than the Innov8s and feels like my foot is more stable and doesnt roll as much.

The sole is definitely thicker than my Vibram KSO's, and there's a little more cushioning.

I think the MT10 are my new go-to shoe for wods that involve more than just heavy lifts.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
Steve Bray

Profile:

anyone have any idea how i can get a pair in aus. they dont have any in my size on ebay. and the NB site doesnt ship to australia.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:44 AM   #15
Struan Potter

Profile:

Does anyone know any retailers in Europe of the NB minimus trail? I'm not really feeling paying extra for import VAT for a shoe designed by an English company
Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 AM   #16
Shawn M Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bray View Post
anyone have any idea how i can get a pair in aus. they dont have any in my size on ebay. and the NB site doesnt ship to australia.
Steve,

Maybe you could try emailing or calling a local store in the US that carries them who would be willing to ship to Australia (assuming you're willing to pay the shipping cost). A lot of the serious running stores that carry them are small Mom and Pop type of places that are probably happy to work with people excited about new products that they carry and are happy for any business they can get.

If you go to this site:

http://www.newbalance.com/nb-minimus/ (WFS) and click the "Where you'll find it" link, you can get a listing of store that carry them. Maybe you can contact a running store in LA or San Diego or something that would be willing to ship you an individual pair.

Good luck.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #17
Steve Bray

Profile:

thanks i will try that!
i emailed the aussie site and they said they will have the shoe in stock in the fall... which i dunno what that means... i think spring? lol