CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
Nick Cruz

Profile:
I had this dream this morning sometime....

Opening scene. I find myself inside the biggest Crossfit gym ever! I got the distinct impression that I was in the holy land of Santa Cruz, at the Mecca of facilities. I mean this place was huge! Like two of the big box gyms put together! It consisted of two levels, the lower of which seemed to house more of the kettlebells, bars for deadlifts, etc. Upstairs were all the squat racks. And instead of racquetball courts there were classes going on doing dumbell snatches, barbell excersizes, box squats etc. The sign above the courts read "Black Box.....". Unfortunately, "Black Box" was the only thing I could make out on the sign. Anyways, since the classes had already started I decided to go upstairs and do a 5 x 5 of squats. Now, I dont know about you, but when I go to my big box gym I have to wear headphones. I don't see how the emo punk, the slow jams, and JT is at all motivating. However, before I could hit play on my ipod, I realized that something from Rob Zombie had just started playing! Holy Hell! "I don't need my earphones", I say to myself.

So, there I am, in the middle of my workout when who should saddle up next to me but THE Eva T! "OMG", I think, Im working out next to Eva T! This is friggin sweet! After finishing my last set of squats I went to set up for deadlifts. I quickly realized why the deadlifts were done downstairs. The ground upstairs had quite the incline to it so every time you put the bar on the ground it wanted to roll away and toward the edge. After re-racking the bar, I headed downstairs to get my deadlift on. Did I mention that the gym was handicap accessible?! The way downstairs was via a long winding ramp and when I got to the bottom I looked over towards the main lobby. I stared in disbelief at the line of people waiting outside to come in and do some Crossfit!!! It was amazing! After I closed my dropped jaw I walked around to find a spot for my deads. the place was super packed and I never did find a place to the deads. Instead I ended up chatting it up with some guy trainer. I cant remember what we were discussing but it had something to do with the "black box" rooms.

So, I thought that maybe this belonged in medical as its obvious I'm having some mental issues now that I am now dreaming about Crossfit and prophesying about the multitudes that will eventually find their way to the light.

Nick

PS, if this ever comes true, please make sure that the ground on the second floor is level ;)
Old 01-31-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
Chris Lampe

Profile:
methinks you've been taking this Crossfit stuff way too seriously. :msn-wink:
Old 01-31-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
Paul Findley

Profile:
Tell me about your childhood.

j/k
Old 01-31-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
Michael Manseau

Profile:
Nick;
Strange you should have a dream, I did as well. Mine was more of a "why haven't you been in the gym" type.
Even stranger, the Capitol Crossfit guys were welcoming me back with "where have you been hiding" which is even stranger as they don't open till the weekend.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Nick,

That's not the strangest dream ever.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:55 AM   #6
Sean Pizel

Profile:
I dreamed, on two separate occasions, that I could work a pommel horse. I can't. It's not even a close thing.

But I had those dreams, and woke, each time without realizing I had had them. I spent the next day with a little extra spring in my step. It wasn't like I conciously thought I could do those things -I hadn't even thought about it- but some part of me was bolstered by the idea...

It was only later the next evening when I casually tried to scissor atop a Bicycle Ramp that I was waiting near, that I realized that I had dreamed my abilities and I deflated a little bit, I realized that I had been walking around with a little extra un-earned pride.

It still makes me a little sad.

*sniff*

I can't beleive I fell for it twice.