CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 07-31-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
Mikey D'Antignac

Profile:  
I'm home! Went in at 8AM. They hooked up my IV, weighed me, put some Versed in my veins which didn't seem to relax me until they got me into the OR and ask me to move on to the OR table. Then it worked. My surgery started at 10:30AM

Since I'm an IT person the "Pusher Man" asked me computer fixes as he injected the cocktail. I remember looking at all the big lights and couldn't respond. Next thing I know I got a mask on my face, my throat is dry, and its 3:30PM.

They wheeled me down the 2nd recovery room to change and get water. They allowed my wife and mom back. I was so so so happy to see that pretty southern girl (my wife). They gave me Vicodin for pain around 4PM. Then I left the hospital at about 4:40PM.

The gear they gave me is a DonJoy TROM Advance Cool and DonJoy Iceman. I just popped another Vicodin and I'm feeling good! Physically I feel great. Emotionally I feel great! Surgery was a cakewalk!

I see the doctor Thursday and will get the pictures then. So in closing sorry for typos and grammar issues! Thanks especially to Jeremiah for all the great encouragement!

(Message edited by thenk83 on July 31, 2006)
Old 08-01-2006, 05:45 AM   #2
Jerimiah Childress

Profile:
glad to hear your surgery went well, now you get start the fun stuff, Rehab.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
Mikey D'Antignac

Profile:  
I have some annoying petella and tibia pain. When I try to lift my leg laying down my tibia is sore.. like a funny bone sore times 50! It makes me cringe. I have petella pain only at the intial stages of lifting my leg and it switches to the tibia pain. Does this usually go away fairly soon after surgery or will it last awhile? Its getting annoying I have no other pain but this, I do realize its bone pain but gosh!
Old 08-09-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
Jerimiah Childress

Profile:
Yeah that should go away in 2-4 weeks would be my guess.