CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 03-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #61
Bob Guere

Profile:
Re: What Does Your Ink Mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Rocco View Post
you sound proud to have your wife as your wife and that just makes me smile
I am, and I'm glad to have made you smile!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #62
Frank Dennis

Profile:

Sweet, man. I don't even know what my family crest is...
Old 03-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #63
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Dennis View Post
Sweet, man. I don't even know what my family crest is...
thanks......I was like "hmmm knights head....and an eagle ready to kick ***.....DOOO it"
Old 03-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #64
Lori Neville

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
if I got a tattoo, it would be something useful. LIke on my chest, something like "Please try cpr 1 more time"
A friend of mine has his death orders inked above his heart:
*No life support
*Organ Donor
*Cremation

At least no one will be confused as to what he wants!

A friend I knew a long time ago has Yosemite Sam inked on her rear end with his gun pointing at her a**hole. The caption says, "Come out of that hole, silly wabbit."

Personally I don't have any but trying to convince my husband to let me get a heart with angel wings. I had a miscarriage in Oct 07 and want something to honor my angel baby. I haven't gotten it yet partly because of my husband (yes - I know it's my body and I can do what I want but I do still want my husband to be attracted to said body) but also not sure of where I want to put it. Thought about my ankle but heard that is pretty painful. I don't want to do the hips/stomach/breast area because of stretching when I do eventually have kids. Decisions, decisions....
Old 03-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #65
Bob Guere

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Neville View Post
A friend of mine has his death orders inked above his heart:
*No life support
*Organ Donor
*Cremation

At least no one will be confused as to what he wants!

A friend I knew a long time ago has Yosemite Sam inked on her rear end with his gun pointing at her a**hole. The caption says, "Come out of that hole, silly wabbit."

Personally I don't have any but trying to convince my husband to let me get a heart with angel wings. I had a miscarriage in Oct 07 and want something to honor my angel baby. I haven't gotten it yet partly because of my husband (yes - I know it's my body and I can do what I want but I do still want my husband to be attracted to said body) but also not sure of where I want to put it. Thought about my ankle but heard that is pretty painful. I don't want to do the hips/stomach/breast area because of stretching when I do eventually have kids. Decisions, decisions....
It hurts no matter where you get it, so don't let that be a factor!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #66
Frank Dennis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Guere View Post
It hurts no matter where you get it, so don't let that be a factor!
This is true. There are some spots that hurt more than others, or so I'm told (I only have one yet, getting more soon), but you'll have it forever, so what's an hour's discomfort?

Incidentally, it's really only the line art (the outline/border part) which hurts... after that, when they do the color fill, you barely feel it (or at least I barely felt it).

That's as good a reason you have as any for getting one as I've ever heard, Lori! I think your husband should be cool with that, but that's just me...
Old 03-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #67
Bob Guere

Profile:

Quote:
This is true. There are some spots that hurt more than others, or so I'm told (I only have one yet, getting more soon), but you'll have it forever, so what's an hour's discomfort?

Incidentally, it's really only the line art (the outline/border part) which hurts... after that, when they do the color fill, you barely feel it (or at least I barely felt it).

That's as good a reason you have as any for getting one as I've ever heard, Lori! I think your husband should be cool with that, but that's just me...
Consider yourself lucky then.... some solid color work would change your mind though.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #68
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Guere View Post
Consider yourself lucky then.... some solid color work would change your mind though.
yeah...the opposite was true for me too, bob. outline was fine, the fill was terrible.

and lori, a good friend of my family's overcame breast cancer decades ago, but was very ashamed to talk to anybody about it (i didn't know until a few years ago, actually...they never tell the kids anything...*grumble*. now she's one of the most involved women i know with the cause

anyway, she got a pink ribbon on her chest and her husband was shocked . but it was that important to her, and it's grown on him
Old 03-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #69
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:

mine was barely uncomfortable.....afterwards, i felt as though everyone ad exaggerated how much it would hurt lol
Old 03-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #70
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Daigle View Post
mine was barely uncomfortable.....afterwards, i felt as though everyone ad exaggerated how much it would hurt lol
well aren't you the big strong man? we're clearly not worthy, kevin

/snark