CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 06-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
Michael Zoda

Profile:
Shoulder injury. Most likely AC

The pain is located here:
http://i.imgur.com/ADxG9.jpg (wfs)

I hurt the shoulder last night at a concert. I don't remember the particular incident where it was injured but it took a lot of abuse most of the night. From stage dives and crowd surfs and a rowdy moshing with no security (stupid i know). I regret everything about that show I'm absolutely ****ed off at the world right now because I was making sooo much progress and doing so well and now this happens.

Anyways its a sharp pain. Just happened last night. First thing I did when I got home was ice it once then went to sleep. Ive been icing it all morning and I took some NSAID. The pain is sharp, it restricts ROM overhead and across my body (putting hand on opposite shoulder). The pain is pretty bad when I try to press or move anything. It made sleeping last night very difficult. I'm 85% sure its AC but I'm no expert. I want to know how serious you guys think it is? Should I just RICE it or should I seek medical attention? Dare I say it, but is it ok do lower body (squat/deadlift/run) while it heals?

Not to mention I have had problems with this shoulder before. Last year I had a very annoying case of chronic tendonitis of the biceps tendon. It stuck around for 6 months before I got rid of it. After recovering from the tendonitis i noticed my ac joint (bump on the very top of my shoulder) has always been tender/sensitive to touch but never gave me any problems during workouts/lifts nor did it restrict any ROM, infact my shoulders are actually very very flexible.

This leads to my last questions. Due to my horrible chronic shoulder problem last year I am very hesitant to go seek medical help. Every doctor I went to I just ended up spinning my wheels. During that 6 months I was fed 2 cortisone shots and loaded with nsaids and bull **** that never helped me. I am very hesitant to go to a regular MD. Who do you guys suggest I see if need be?