CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
Jamila Bey

Profile:
I probably shouldn't be all bent out of shape over 3oz (yes I measured) of Cheddar Sunchips, but I am PMS-ing like crazy and it's either chocolate or Sunchips.

This only happens rarely where I have symptoms of raging b!+(# not even three times a year, so I'm trying to put it in perspective.

All I can think about is sugar (chocolate), salt (Sunchips) and sleeping. I can't go to the CVS or I'm sure to find myself dumping chocolate covered cashews down my throat while I'm standing in line.

HELP!
Old 06-15-2006, 02:26 AM   #2
Eric Lester

Profile:
Your avatar fits the feeling of this post pretty well hehe :P
Old 06-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
Justin Algera

Profile:
Wow, I had to double check and make sure that wasnt my wife posting that...Athough she has recently moved from choc. covered cashews to choc. covered almonds.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:24 PM   #4
Tirzah Harper

Profile:
At three times a year, I'd eat. LOL.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #5
Mie Yoshinaga

Profile:
eat!
but don't go to cvs. i'd go to whole foods and pick up some high quality dark chocolate or something....

suppressing my cravings usually backfires, and i end up eating more bad food later, so i'd rather have a little of what i'm craving.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:52 PM   #6
Heather L. Gibbons

Profile:
Sing it, sister! I have little to offer other than solidarity but I'd go with the dark chocolate and stay away from crappy, wheaty, salty foods. At least the chocolate has Theobromine which has a diuretic effect and may help with, um, other symptoms. For the quick info, courtesy of http://chemistry.about.com/library/weekly/aa090301a.htm: "Theobromine affects humans similarly to caffeine, but on a much smaller scale. Theobromine is mildly diuretic (increases urine production), is a mild stimulant, and relaxes the smooth muscles of the bronchi in the lungs." There's all kinds of additional research on the health benefits and antioxidants in chocolate(will forget about that pesky little insulin spike for now) so I'd suggest bellying up to your keyboard and your search engine of choice for a little quiet reflection and a bar of Scharffen Berger.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:18 PM   #7
Alicia Michel

Profile:
Glad to know other people feel this way too! There was one time I just had to get some M&Ms and chips.. and I ate 1/2 jar natural peanut butter yesterday while thinking of chocolate. :crazy:
Old 06-15-2006, 04:27 PM   #8
Jamila Bey

Profile:
Finally!

I knew it couldn't just be me. Yeah... it's a little better today because my hubby took to play tennis and he proceeded to whip me silly. So when I came home all tired and exhausted, he fed me a (not kidding) 32oz salad with only good CF approved foods. And more celery than usual for the agressive crunch.

And for now, I'm nice and worked, but feeling much more human. I guess part of it is I can't take a day off working out 'cause I'm belly achy.

But damn, two nights in a row I dreamt of chocolate covered cashews.

I can't wait until Tuesday!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #9
Alicia Michel

Profile:
Dreaming of chocolate covered cashews 2 nights in a row - that's some serious cravings you've got! LOL
Old 06-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #10
Nikki Young

Profile:
I usually go the ho-down! That is, with X-treme cravings, not just a little one. If your diet is really good and you have been sticking to it well, having one day of bad eating, or one or two bad meals isn't going to make or break you. If anything it might even put you back into a reality check, thats what happens to me anyway.. i eat bad food, i wake up the next day and im like "man, you're an idiot Nikki..", then its back to being good with nutrition etc, and not a sign of cravings! Thats just me though..