CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
Josh Peabody

Profile:
Equipment Packages for New Box

I'm hoping to get some input from people who have already been down this road. First, some background info: I will be the lead trainer/manager of a brand new box. There are two owners who want to outfit the box to be ready for 20 person classes. So I have been in contact with several different companies regarding some custom packages. It is mostly their 15 person packages with some added equipment. Right now I am very impressed with Maverick Athletic (Mike has been very helpful so far, and responds very quickly), and Again Faster. I have also talked to Rogue, Axom, and Vulcan, and am waiting to hear back from them. Can anyone recommend any of these companies over the others? Who to stay away from? Really, any information at all would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
Anjali Patwari

Profile:
Re: Equipment Packages for New Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Peabody View Post
I'm hoping to get some input from people who have already been down this road. First, some background info: I will be the lead trainer/manager of a brand new box. There are two owners who want to outfit the box to be ready for 20 person classes. So I have been in contact with several different companies regarding some custom packages. It is mostly their 15 person packages with some added equipment. Right now I am very impressed with Maverick Athletic (Mike has been very helpful so far, and responds very quickly), and Again Faster. I have also talked to Rogue, Axom, and Vulcan, and am waiting to hear back from them. Can anyone recommend any of these companies over the others? Who to stay away from? Really, any information at all would be greatly appreciated.
Josh,

Can't recommend any of those specifically. Rogue obviously everyone knows. Again Faster as well. I think Maverick is more well-known than Axom and Vulcan.

I would add FringeSport to that list. Very helpful as well!
Old 10-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
Steven Thunander

Profile:

Rogue, Muscledriver, and Again Faster put out top notch equipment for CF that lasts a long time and are backed by warranties (especially the barbells and bumpers). Other good ones are Fringe Sport, Rep Fitness, Getrxed, and Vulcan.

I have ordered from Rogue, MuscleDriver USA, Again Faster and Fringe Sport. My box purchased about 95% of their equipment from Rogue. Of all of them, Rogue seems to have the best service. They may be a bit more expensive, but the quality, durability, and guarantees make it worth it, especially in the barbell department. Again Faster and MuscleDriver also have top notch service.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #4
Chris Jones

Profile:

Ive purchased from Rogue, Again Faster, MuscleDriver, Vulcan and FringeSport. I got bumpers from MD and Vulcan, and can say that the bumpers from Vulcan werent of the same quality as the Pendlays i got from MD. Ive purchased several smaller things from Rogue, but mostly their S-2 squat stand, and that thing is a tank! The build quality is fantastic, and i would buy racks/rigs from then again in a heartbeat(actually really wanting a yoke from them right now), great customer service too. Have purchased a sandbag and some clothes from Fringe, great customer service and fast shipping. Got a bar and some smaller items from AF, also great service from them.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #5
Willie McLendon

Profile:

My box is pretty much all FringeSport equipment.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #6
Josh Peabody

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie McLendon View Post
My box is pretty much all FringeSport equipment.
Thanks to all of you guys for the replies! There are a lot more options out there than I had originally considered.

Willie, would you recommend FringeSport? How long have you been using their equipment? Their 15 man Gold package is very competitively priced!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Don't know how they compare, but Get RX'd (http://www.getrxd.com/) is another one I know of. No personal experience though.

(link = wfs)
Old 10-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #8
Anthony Wyand

Profile:

Quote:
I know Mike personally, so I am biased, but my garage and all of my friends with equipment at home have Maverick squat racks. They are an excellent quality.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #9
Willie McLendon

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks to all of you guys for the replies! There are a lot more options out there than I had originally considered.

Willie, would you recommend FringeSport? How long have you been using their equipment? Their 15 man Gold package is very competitively priced!
I highly recommend them, and have been using equipment from FringeSport for almost 3 years. I started buying from them when I was training people out of my garage, and bought all of their gear when I opened my box over a year and a half ago . They have great customer service and high quality equipment. For those close enough to pick up in person they have local pick-up pricing that can save even more money. It may be worth it for you to drive to Dallas to pick stuff up. Just call or email them to get a custom quote.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
Steven Thunander

Profile:

And, another option is to mix and match. Get bars from Rogue, bumpers from MuscleDriver, the racks and rings from Fringe Sport, boxes from Again Faster, ect, or any other combo. You might get a better deal that way.

Also, Rogue does have ready built affiliate packages to get an idea of pricing for the gear. However, it is best if you get a quote directly from them.