CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
Matthew Harris

Profile:
Stubborn body fat

I've heard this term thrown around for years and always chalked it up as a myth of some sort, but I'm beginning to believe I may be a victim of said stubborn fat. I've always been in decent enough shape and I've reached a new level of fitness within the past year, but I can't shake this fat on my rear.

I'm 6'3" 207 lbs. I did SS from October to March and have been doing GSLP since and am stronger than I've ever been in my life. I don't know if it's the added muscle on my frame or if I've somehow lost some fat while gaining strength, but I've never looked better either (in my opinion). With all that being said, my body has decided to seemingly store any and all fat I have left on my tush.

Anyone ever had this stubborn fat and later lost it? Give me the what, where, when, and how if you don't mind.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Donald Lee

Profile:
Re: Stubborn body fat

No more spamming from you! (WFS)
Old 08-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
Joey Shishineh

Profile:

what does your nutrition look like? The answer is almost guaranteed to be: Eat stricter, train consistently, and sleep more.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:25 AM   #4
Brian Neal Carpenter

Profile:

Matthew, to lose the last bit of belly fat I had to do something counterintuitive to a lot of fit athletes trying to make strength gains...I ate less. For years my biggest concern was getting enough protein so that I wouldn't lose muscle gains I made during workouts. Within a few weeks of intentionally eating less than the math would tell me to I felt just fine, was still making gains, was satisfied with my meals, and the fat was gone.

In my opinion, a lot of us greatly overestimate/overcalculate the calories we need. Not saying it will work for everyone, but eating less than the numbers dictate worked for me and has continued to work.