CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #21
Sebastian Milla

Profile:
Re: Packish to Big Dawg: Sebastian's Log

Friday: September 3

Second day of full on GOMAD i'm hoping adaptation kicks in soon.

Warm Up:
Calisthenics, Burgener Warm Up

Wurk:

Squat
55X5
75X4
85X3
95X2
105X1

140X5X3

Press
55X5X5

75X5X3

Deadlift
45X5
75X4
95X3
115X2
135X1

185X5

Dips
3X3 BW

Barbell Curls
55X9X3

Good workout, marred only by the fact that my sleep has been irregular (I wake up every two hours to go to the bathroom) so the lifts just took the **** out of me. honestly I think the milk is my curse/salvation because although I literally go to the bathroom every hour on the hour this crap is providing so many calories that i'm recovering in ways I never thought imaginable. that and maybe the fact that I take five or six fish oil capsules a day threw in the dips and curls just because its the weekend so I get two days off...plus who doesn't pumping the guns for three sets.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #22
Jacob Israel Briskin

Profile:

Five or six fish oil caps, eh? What brand are you using, and what are the numbers on the label? Specifically, how many milligrams of EPA and DHA does each cap have?

Do you really have to wake up every two hours to go to the bathroom? I've never had that happen to me. Seriously though, I know it's tough but if you stick with it you will be rewarded. Good going, grasshopper.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #23
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Milla View Post
Friday: September 3

Second day of full on GOMAD i'm hoping adaptation kicks in soon.
Eating and resting is just as important as the lifting when it comes to SS. Yes, the eating will be painful at times, but you're creating a calorie surplus that will result in strength gains and more mass soon--a good amount of it being muscle, but some fat too. But you're 154lbs and est. 8% BF, you can afford to add some fat.

Re: Jacob's suggestion to go to 5lb jumps on deadlifts...I'd recommend picking a starting weight that allows you to sustain 10lb jumps, the reason being that you're squatting twice as often as you're deadlifting, and you don't want your squat gains to outpace your deadlift gains by a 2 to 1 ratio. Plus a higher deadlift will help your squat continue to improve, and vice versa. Jacob, what's your thoughts on that?

Just keep doing the program as written and don't worry about adding anything else in for now...no Oly lifts, no OHS, etc.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #24
Jacob Israel Briskin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post

Re: Jacob's suggestion to go to 5lb jumps on deadlifts...I'd recommend picking a starting weight that allows you to sustain 10lb jumps, the reason being that you're squatting twice as often as you're deadlifting, and you don't want your squat gains to outpace your deadlift gains by a 2 to 1 ratio. Plus a higher deadlift will help your squat continue to improve, and vice versa. Jacob, what's your thoughts on that?

Just keep doing the program as written and don't worry about adding anything else in for now...no Oly lifts, no OHS, etc.
I think that's actually a good idea, I had forgotten to mention that. If your squat is 140 and deadlift 185 right now, try taking a few 10lb jumps. Then at some point you'll drop to 5lbs on the deadlift, and eventually to less than 5lbs in the squat, so it'll even out.

Also, +1 to the whole doing the program thing.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #25
Sebastian Milla

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Israel Briskin View Post
Five or six fish oil caps, eh? What brand are you using, and what are the numbers on the label? Specifically, how many milligrams of EPA and DHA does each cap have?

Do you really have to wake up every two hours to go to the bathroom? I've never had that happen to me. Seriously though, I know it's tough but if you stick with it you will be rewarded. Good going, grasshopper.
Costco brand fish oil pills, i'm just taking one after every meal. the label says 1000 mg of omega 3 (with EPA +DHA). I've been able to curtail the bathroom issue by finishing the gallon by six p.m. because then i can pee it all out before i go to bed, which helps. I have faith sensei
Old 09-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #26
Jacob Israel Briskin

Profile:

Quote:
Costco brand fish oil pills, i'm just taking one after every meal. the label says 1000 mg of omega 3 (with EPA +DHA). I've been able to curtail the bathroom issue by finishing the gallon by six p.m. because then i can pee it all out before i go to bed, which helps. I have faith sensei
Right, but specifically how much EPA and DHA in each 1000mg? The EPA and DHA is the good stuff, I was just wondering how concentrated it is.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #27
Sebastian Milla

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Israel Briskin View Post
Right, but specifically how much EPA and DHA in each 1000mg? The EPA and DHA is the good stuff, I was just wondering how concentrated it is.
it doesn't say :/ does that make it sketch?

also up eleven pounds from 160ish to 171 as far as the distribution i'm not quite sure but i'd say its an even distribution between water weight, fat, and muscle. i'm just happy because at this rate ill be at 193 by school which means ill have gained at least 5 pounds of good lean muscle.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #28
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Quote:
it doesn't say :/ does that make it sketch?

also up eleven pounds from 160ish to 171 as far as the distribution i'm not quite sure but i'd say its an even distribution between water weight, fat, and muscle. i'm just happy because at this rate ill be at 193 by school which means ill have gained at least 5 pounds of good lean muscle.
It does say, somewhere in the fine print of the label on the back. If it's the white bottle from Costco it's only 300mg EPA/DHA per pill (180mg EPA and 120mg DHA I think), but the clear bottle is about 650mg per pill IIRC. You need more than one after each meal to see any good benefits--general rule is 5-10g of EPA/DHA per day depending on several factors.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #29
Sebastian Milla

Profile:

Monday: September 6, 2010

Sleep has improved only getting up once at night and i fall right back asleep so all is well in that department. the gallon of milk is also getting easier.

Warm up:
Calisthenics, Burgener Warm Up

Wurk:

Squat:
55X5
75X4
85X3
95X2
110X1

145X5X3

Bench:

55X5
60X4
70X3
75X2
85X1

115X5X3

Power Clean:
HPC to warm up
55X5
60X4
65X3
70X2
75X1

95X5X3

Chins:
BWX6
X6
X4

The squats got easier today, I have no idea why. the hardest part of the workout was getting that last set of four chins in there I assume its because I pushed my knees out to the side at the bottom of the hole more so than I have done before but that's really the only change I made throughout the lift. In any case, I was feeling "saucy" on the bench so I went up ten pounds. it was still easy and i remember that before I quit SS last time I could push 135 for five at my top form. still, next bench workout will be going five just because I don't want to risk hitting the wall so early, the chins help work the chest area anyways. clean is progressing nicely, I can't wait to see what a hundred feels like on friday, almost as much as I can't wait to see if I can press 100 for five at the end of the month.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #30
Jacob Israel Briskin

Profile:

That's what I'm talking about. Slow and steady wins the race. Also, what Eric said about the fish oil.

Also also, have you considered taking video of your stuff for digital coaching purposes?