CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
Albert Kim

Profile:
Al's Road to Power, Speed, and Strength.

Hey guys - long story short, I've come from a long history of heavy lifting/bodybuilding, and I soon became tired and weary of being so big and uncoordinated. After bodybuilding for a bit, I started to cut down from 182lbs down to 170lbs. I felt a lot more faster and with my added cardio and such, but I didn't feel completely agile or "powerful." Then I decided to implement full-on crossfit to my training arsenal. I needed the overall speed and power that can be achieved from crossfit. I no longer care about muscle mass, appearance, etc-. Just about ability and preparing for the worst situations.

My ultimate career goal is to become involved in the F.B.I./Law Enforcement. I know that through crossfit training, I will be able to prepare for the job quite effectively.

TRAINING & DIET:
Obviously my training will be the WOD. However I will frequently replace a heavily-cardio based workout for a boxing session. My diet is at about 2200-2300 calories daily. My goal is to become 160-165lbs, then to maintain that weight once I get there. This isn't set-in stone, but it is a general outlook.

GOALS:
Gain lots of pullups and pushups, lots of speed, strength and power, and lots of endurance. Simple as that.

LET'S GET IT!

Last edited by Albert Kim : 06-28-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
Albert Kim

Profile:
Re: Al's Road to Power, Speed, and Strength.

June 27th, 2010 - "Michael"

Decided to start doing the site's WODs starting on Tuesday, so I chose a random crossfit workout to do that incorporated both core and cardio work.

3 Rounds of:
-800 meters
-50 supermans
-50 sit ups

-Didn't end up timing it since the supermans weren't really accurate (were supposed to be back extensions.) I ended up doing random stuff like static holds instead of sheer reps since it is intended to be more of a static stretch.

Overall it was a good workout.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:26 AM   #3
Drew Cloutier

Profile:
Re: Al's Road to Power, Speed, and Strength.

Quote:
Hey guys - long story short, I've come from a long history of heavy lifting/bodybuilding, and I soon became tired and weary of being so big and uncoordinated. After bodybuilding for a bit, I started to cut down from 182lbs down to 170lbs.
I have to ask how short are you, for you to say you felt tired and weary of being so big, at only 182lbs.

Just trying to get a handle on your whole situation.