CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-21-2010, 05:25 AM   #61
Chris Everts

Profile:
Re: ROTC and getting punched in the face

today

PT

3ish mile ruck at a 13 min mile pace

50 4 count overhead arm clap :/
50 crunches
20 4 count flutter kicks

probably gonna do bagwork in the PM, but if I do anything substantial I'll post it.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #62
Joe C Thomas

Profile:
Re: ROTC and getting punched in the face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Everts View Post
Thanks so much for the reply, really appreciate it.

Thats really neat about the sapper/ranger school thing. I just found out that as a cadet I can go through sapper leader course, and I sure as **** want to! Any advice for someone interested in that path?

I'm also interested in being a combat engineer officer, its definitely going to be number one or two on my wish list.

The run shouldn't really be a problem for me, its just that a lot of things that are important for me involve having a high PT score. My school has an OML for people wanting to do summer training, and the 2 things they look at are PT and GPA. So if I have a 270 PT score, I don't want to not go because someone with a 290 is ahead of me and there's only X number of spots.

Thanks again.
Sapper school is one of the most difficult schools the Army has to offer. Moreso because of the academic portion than anything else. Don't get me wrong, there is a huge physical portion but most people don't graduate because they don't get enough points on the tests. If you really want to go and graduate, concentrate on patrolling, TLPs, OPORDs, and KNOTS!!!! Knots get everybody. You can download a little guide about what knots to learn and their checkpoints that you have to know. It will be difficult for a cadet to graduate, but it happens. I had some of my LTs in OBC that went as cadets and made it, so it can be done.

Hit me up if you want so more info. I think I still have some of my trainup guides for Ranger and Sapper which should still apply. Take care man.