CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #21
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:
Re: My Log - Because Sometimes I Don't Have Paper.

Friday, June 11th

A friend of mine came home from San Francisco where he attends school a few days ago. He is into MMA and has a Thai bag (I think that's what it's called) in his basement.

We did 3 x 3 minute shadow boxing drills. Then, some heavy bag work. I have never done any kind of fighting training in my life and I have never hit anything. I HIGHLY underestimated the amount of bicep power this would take. They are cramping up right now.

A note on my current state. Today's training was awful because my friends and I have Viking souls. When we get together, all we tend to do is get drunk and listen to metal. That's exactly what we did last night and I feel like crap today. I don't usually drink anymore but this is a very special occasion as he is only home about 2 months of the year, so I make exceptions for old time's sake.

I'm looking forward to more fighting training. CrossFit is great but you can't replicate the kind of workout you get from using another person instead of a barbell. I think this will be a really good addition to my training and I've always wanted to do some MMA stuff... I don't plan on focusing on it though.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #22
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:
Re: My Log - Because Sometimes I Don't Have Paper.

Wednesday, June 23rd

Haven't logged in a while because I've been doing a lot of stuff with my Navy enlistment. As of today, I swore my oath and began my delayed entry program. I signed my contract as a Nuclear Engineer but am changing my job to Aviation Rescue Swimmer as soon as I take and pass my PST. I am set to ship out on the 22nd of February, 2011 so I have some time.

From here on out, I'll be doing mostly strength work, a few metcons and then specific training so I'm ready to blow my PST and boot camp PT out of the water. No pun intended. Lots of swimming and I'm told I can get a free YMCA membership with my military I.D. which will be issued Friday.