CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #11
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:
Re: My Log - Because Sometimes I Don't Have Paper.

Thursday, May 20th

REST DAY - My shoulders/traps are destroyed.

Get my wisdom teeth out in 5 days. Hooray.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #12
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:

Friday, May 21st

Warmup:

2 laps
5 min. jump rope
10 slow burpees

Strength:

6 rounds of:

1 rep. dumbbell bench press at 95% 1RM (didn't know my 1RM so just kept increasing)
max reps pullups
2 min. rest

Made it up to 70# dumbbells. Think I could have gotten 75# but ran out of rounds. Started at 10 reps pullups with 25# kettlebell and 6 reps was the lowest I did.

This probably would have gone more smoothly if my traps weren't still wrecked from Fat Fran.

WOD:

150 DUs for time.

Double-unders are the bane of my existence. It is the only skill work I cannot do to save my mortal life. I didn't do 150 and I didn't time myself because it would have been half of my time on this earth. Just did about 20 minutes of practicing them. I'm getting better. I do not bend my knees anymore. I heard someone say before that it's like a pat your head, rub your stomach at the same time kind of deal and it really is. Jumping high and slowly while swinging as fast as possible is difficult. I'm getting it though. My explosiveness on the bounce is getting much better. I'll be there soon!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #13
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:

Saturday, May 22nd

Team WOD at the box.. this one might be a little difficult to explain.

We had 5 person teams. There were 5 different stations. One person runs 400m, one person does kettlebell SDHPs, one person does pushups, one person does box jumps, one person rests. All stations are AMRAP except the running and resting, of course. When the runner comes back, you move ahead to the next station. The person who was at the station before you tells you what number they were on so you just keep racking up reps... not beginning at 1 for every person.

I didn't really keep track of my reps personally 'cause I don't really care. I was there to have fun, compete and get a good workout. All were successful.

We also played a game where you throw a contraption constructed of two golf balls with a string between them onto different colored rungs. Top rung was 20 burpees, middle was 15, bottom was 10... you gave these burpees to the other team. If you missed completely, your team had to do 15 burpees. I missed. My team ended up having to split up 65 burpees at the end... 13 each. Also, I subbed burpees for box jumps due to knee injury during the WOD.

We did 15 min. AMRAP WOD
The burpee game
Then 15 min. AMRAP WOD again

I was happy with my SDHP reps, did great on the pushups... not so good on the burpees because my triceps were rendered useless after 50+ pushups. Running was good but is still not where I would like it to be.

All in all, a good day!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #14
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:

Sunday, May 23rd

REST DAY

Everything is hurting. Doing Fight Gone Bad tomorrow and then taking a week off after having my wisdom teeth extracted on Tuesday. Great.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #15
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:

Monday, May 24th

Murph:

1 mile run
100 pullups
200 pushups
300 squats
1 mile run

47:24

First time ever doing Murph. Don't know if you're supposed to partition reps for this but coach allowed us to, so I did it in sets of 10 pullups, 20 pushups, 30 squats. I think I would have been better off doing 5 pullups, 10 pushups and 15 squats because I couldn't make it through all 20 pushups every round.

I wore a 20# vest for the first mile and the first round but one of the straps came off and it was bouncing around too much so I ditched it. First mile destroyed my calves. Had a pretty badass cramp/stitch for the second mile so my time sucked. Don't know what it was but it sucked. Who cares... I finished.

Wisdom teeth are getting yanked out tomorrow so I won't have any WODs to post for a while. That may be a blessing in disguise... it's supposed to be in the 90s this week. Yuck.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #16
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:

Monday, June 3rd

I can FINALLY do WODs again.

Today was rest day at the box so I just did my own thing.

Find 1RM Clean and Jerk - 175# - big gain for me since last time but still too low. At least it's over my bodyweight now.

2 C&J every minute for 10 minutes at 90% 1RM - True 90% was 157.5 but I did it at 155. Didn't fail on any reps.

Did some weighted chin-ups next. Sets of 3 at 35#, 44#, 53#, 60# and 65#. Did a couple singles with 70# and did negatives on the way down.

First day back and I felt pretty weak. My diet was complete crap while I was out because oral surgery left me with few options. Ice cream, mashed potatoes and applesauce were the staples of my diet. Oh well, at least that's behind me.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #17
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:

I'm stupid. Yesterday was Thursday, June 3rd. Not Monday.

Friday, June 4th.

Warm-up

2 laps
4 rounds of Cindy

Strength:

Weighted Pullups 3-3-3-1-1-1

44-44-53-60-65-70 - Ran out of sets

Did some snatch practice after this. My PR is 120. My shoulder mobility is my downfall. Just did a bunch of singles at 95 to work on form. It's improving greatly. My biggest problem was always wanting to bend my arms too early and pretty much muscle it up over my head, which I'm not strong enough to do. I have fixed that and gotten much more comfortable with pulling myself under the bar. I still can't catch it in a full squat as I would like to but I'm seeing progress.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #18
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:

Monday, June 7th

Overhead Squat 3-3-3-3-3

95-100-105-110-115

My overheads are embarrassing. It's definitely not my leg strength because I shoot out of the hole like a bottle rocket. My shoulders are pretty weak, as my shoulder press numbers will attest. I'm going to actually say that it's definitely my shoulders because when I get to heavy sets that thing wobbles around like hell before I even start my descent. I think my core strength is fine.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #19
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:

Tuesday, June 8th

Warmup:

Backwards lap
Forwards lap
3 minutes KB swings (35#)

WOD:

7 rounds of:

100m sprint
50 sit-ups (Ranger, for me)
100m sprint
10 burpee chest-to-bar pull-ups

29:39

This sucked pretty hard.

I don't know the standard for burpee pullups but we did the burpee beneath the bar, jumped up and grabbed the bar, made sure we were at deadhang, then did a pullup. First time ever doing them and they were devastating to my body and also to my pride. My goal was sub 30 minutes based on the scoreboard from earlier classes and I succeeded so I'm happy.

The run immediately following the burpee pullups was terrible. I almost tossed my cookies after every one but I held everything down. Any time you're doing multiple sets of 50 situps in a WOD, they start to suck. Today was no exception.

Also, this was my first time ever working out at the affiliate in the afternoon and it was hot.

Would have been there earlier but I picked my girlfriend up from her eye appointment because her pupils were dilated and she couldn't drive. She said she was gonna take a nap and then go home. Four hours later, she wakes up and leaves. I was thinking like a 30 minute nap. Oh well, I got to meet some new people in the afternoon classes.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #20
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:

Thursday, June 10th:

Back Squat - 3x5

155# - Tried new, wider stance. Still have the knee issue so my squat is very weak. I could go heavier but I'm doing my best not to aggravate anything.