CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #61
Michael Henry

Profile:
Re: A Christian CrossFit?

Living in the south, I see plenty of businesses that have Christian based themes being advertised. Me personally, I consciously will not go to those places, but they remain open, so a market is there. You just have to have a plan B. You can Christianize it all you want, but if it doesn't work, you may have to make some changes. Does that plan involve toning things down or just closing the doors? How much are you willing to bend for your own investment?
Old 05-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #62
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Only slightly off-topic posts in this thread which is pretty good considering it's 7 pages long.

Marshall if it's what you want to do go for it. If you put it out in the open and up front like you said you were, no one should be offended.

Which is why it's strange to me that anyone is actually talking about "well I wouldn't go." OR "That offends some people and is exclusionary..."

I mean c'mon man, you went to the donut shop, of course they sell donuts...there's no conspiracy to get you fat, just don't buy and eat the donut or don't even go into the shop at all...
Old 05-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #63
Lan Halbert

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Henry View Post
Living in the south, I see plenty of businesses that have Christian based themes being advertised. Me personally, I consciously will not go to those places, but they remain open, so a market is there. You just have to have a plan B. You can Christianize it all you want, but if it doesn't work, you may have to make some changes. Does that plan involve toning things down or just closing the doors? How much are you willing to bend for your own investment?

Last edited by Lan Halbert : 05-01-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Misread the post. DOH!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #64
Thomas Bailly

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haxmeier View Post
Just for the record, a great number of unbelievers don't wish to be reached out to. In fact, quite the opposite.
Ding, ding, we have a winner.
To me there seems to be a conflict of interest, of course you will see it as a blending of interests....free country, do what you will.
Religion has been dividing people for a very very long time.
Crossfit appears to be uniting people from every background in a fun way.
I have been coached by Christian coaches who were great coaches and never brought their personal beliefs into the workout, it's called professionalism.
I would probably think less of any trainer who brought their personal beliefs into the session, regardless of the beliefs
because it demonstrates lack of professionalism and is a distraction IMO.

PS I am pretty sure religion and politics is considered off topic on the boards for good reason, probably worth applying those standards to a box....
Old 05-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #65
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

"Religion has been dividing people for a very very long time"

it has also been bringing them together

"I am pretty sure religion and politics is considered off topic on the boards for good reason, probably worth applying those standards to a box"

THere is only one crossfit.com, but there are many affiliates, no reason they should all be the same.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #66
James Orr

Profile:

You have the right to brand your business how you see fit so long as it doesn't impede the peace and well-being of others.

That said, I would prefer not to see an affiliated such as originally described, albeit done in good intentions. I think it misses the missionary intent of Christianity.