CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #21
Adam Kayce

Profile:
Re: Crossfit logo design

I'm glad to see Kane mentioned Pete Joison: http://petejoison.com - I'm a webdesigner, and I've referred lots of clients to Pete because he's fast, cheap, and really good. I've used his services for my own sites, and he's my #1 go-to graphics guy.

When I open my affiliate, he'll be doing the logo for it, hands-down.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #22
Marcus Dedina

Profile:

Hey Guys,
My company is the oldest and largest CrossFit affiliate services company out there and we work exclusively with over 170 CrossFit Affiliates. We do Logos, websites that have a CrossFit Affiliate custom backend system, apparel design and printing. Clients include: CrossFit Endurance, CrossFit Football, Central, Milford, Performance, Balboa, Anaerobic Inc, San Diego, Oahu, Overload, Thunder, FireBreather and many more.

All of the partners in our company are also CrossFit Coaches and Affiliate Owners.

Thanks!
Marcus

website services: SitesAsRx.com

Design and print: LifeAsRx.net

Apparel for the Fitness Counter Culture: LifeAsRx.com
Old 04-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #23
Tony Arms

Profile:

SO a related question,
Once you get this logo decided on, how do you place that logo on a lifting platform? My college had our logo on ours and it seemed to be a seamless part of the wood. My worry is that if i put a sticker on the wood then apply finish over the top that it would wear out eventually.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #24
Andre Urquiza

Profile:

Worth1000 has corporate design contests allowing you to choose how much you're willing to pay for the design you pick ($100, $150, etc...). Then artists from all over can take a stab at doing a design for you, based on your specs, and you pick the best. I've seen some excellent designs out there. Worth a look I'd say...
(WFS) http://logo.worth1000.com/
Old 07-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #25
Rob St. Croix

Profile:

For all you anime fans, here is my logo for my garage

Click image for larger version

Name:	HiddenLeaf 2.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	6615

I have to figure out how to work in throwing kunai knives into a WOD. LOL (I may be the only person on the board who gets this)

Last edited by Rob St. Croix : 07-14-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #26
Mark Wood

Profile:

I found the best option was to pick something that was recognised locally. People can relate and will be drawn to it if they see something they recognise. For our logo I chose to include the Border of New South Wales and Queensland and strike it through our name.

I found that really trying to just make a logo from scratch wasn't stimulating anybody. All the feedback I received pointed towards our current design.

Check it out at www.crossfitborder.com (WFS)
Old 07-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #27
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:

Quote:
Once you get this logo decided on, how do you place that logo on a lifting platform? My college had our logo on ours and it seemed to be a seamless part of the wood. My worry is that if i put a sticker on the wood then apply finish over the top that it would wear out eventually.
Everything wears out eventually! But that's how pro lifting platforms are done. They lay down a bumper sticker and then put a finish such as a polyurethane over it.

I put a $4 bumper sticker on mine (towards the back, not dead center) without a coat on tope and it lasted for a few years.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #28
Mike Hopper

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Arms View Post
SO a related question,
You should really think about whether it's worth it or not. Looking at some of the catalogs I've looked in, as cool as it'd be, it's not something I'd do if I'm just starting out. It's easily a couple hundred bucks to have a company do it for you..
Old 07-21-2010, 11:11 PM   #29
James lee

Profile:

I just redid ours. i do my own and when i was thinking of redoing it i started to look at designs on site like http://www.istockphoto.com (WFS). search "abstract icons" or anything you want.

let me know what you guys think of our new design!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new logo small.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	6638  
Old 07-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #30
Will Hart

Profile:

I am a professional graphic designer and I did a logo for my friends gym and he recommended me to this forum because a lot of people need some help. You can see the logo i created for his gym on a flyer I made for him here ----> http://eseamedia.com/case-study-crossfit-pb/