CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #21
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Something Good About Mickey-Dee's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Kurth View Post
Do you mean you were in a situation where the only food you could get your hands on was mac donalds? I just can't imagine how such a situation would arise, as there are always options?
See, that's because you live in Boston. Out in the hinterlands, there are indeed places where McD's is the best or only option.

Katherine
Old 11-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #22
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Dunn View Post
McDonald's the morning after a party (or in my case, a cheesesteak with cheez whiz and a coke) is medicine. It should not count against your diet.
You live in the Land 'O In-N-Out Burgers...why would you ever go slumming with McDonalds?
Old 11-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #23
John Casey

Profile:

In the last 5 years I've eaten McDonald's three times; and each time was a salad. For the past 6 months I have been craving some real McDonald's sandwiches and fries. I keep telling myself I will splurge and give it a go, but when it comes down to it, I don't have the will power to go eat there. I really miss that place! Whenever I want to go eat McDonald's, I call friends to get a vote whether I should or not. What do you all think? I can already tell that tonight after boxing practice will be a weak point for me (especially considering my fridge is currently empty and I have coupons).
Old 11-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #24
Luke Hale

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Casey View Post
In the last 5 years I've eaten McDonald's three times; and each time was a salad. For the past 6 months I have been craving some real McDonald's sandwiches and fries. I keep telling myself I will splurge and give it a go, but when it comes down to it, I don't have the will power to go eat there. I really miss that place! Whenever I want to go eat McDonald's, I call friends to get a vote whether I should or not. What do you all think? I can already tell that tonight after boxing practice will be a weak point for me (especially considering my fridge is currently empty and I have coupons).
You look like you could do with a few double cheeseburgers
Old 11-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #25
Michael Pilhofer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hale View Post
I'm on SS so once a week I'll treat myself to three double cheeseburgers and a pint of milk for lunch

I am very tempted to try a "McG*ngB*ng" (A McChicken Sandwich inside a Double Cheeseburger)
NICE!!! Go SS!!!
www.CrossFitMSP.com
Old 11-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #26
John C Corona

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Casey View Post
In the last 5 years I've eaten McDonald's three times; and each time was a salad. For the past 6 months I have been craving some real McDonald's sandwiches and fries. I keep telling myself I will splurge and give it a go, but when it comes down to it, I don't have the will power to go eat there. I really miss that place!
Dude, your not the only one making those insane choices. I miss it majorly but just don't do it either. I like the "no will power".

And R. Hardin, "your dead to me clown"....LOL
Old 11-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #27
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hale View Post
From one of your recent threads you say you are trying to get bigger and doing SS (PP) and everyone told you to EAT MORE.

dirty bulk ftw???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Dunn View Post
McDonald's the morning after a party (or in my case, a cheesesteak with cheez whiz and a coke) is medicine. It should not count against your diet.
and if you get powerade from the fountain instead of soda you get to replenish your electrolytes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Pergakis View Post
In-n-Out

Double meat, protein style with grilled onions and tomatoes. No ketchup, spread, or mustard. I get about four of those and I'm good to go.
I took a road trip right in the middle of my 30 day paleo challenge n we stopped by In N Out. I had three of those w/3 patties each. I veered a bit when I ordered my 3rd one and opted for the spread
Old 11-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #28
John Jaeckel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Kustes View Post
And therein lies the problem with The Zone. Eating Chicken Nuggets is a better option than not eating....riiiiiight.
Good point. I can always rationalize a little cheat (bread, beer, Zone bars) by the Zone principles.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #29
John Jaeckel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
You live in the Land 'O In-N-Out Burgers...why would you ever go slumming with McDonalds?
That is such a great post.

Occasionally, I'll go get a Wendy's double, no cheese, no mayo and an iced tea. Damn me, but it feels good and the bread aside, it's pretty healthy.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #30
Troy Becker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Kurth View Post
Do you mean you were in a situation where the only food you could get your hands on was mac donalds? I just can't imagine how such a situation would arise, as there are always options?

I dunno. I'd rather a nice fattening steak and/or chocolate-y dessert from a good restaurant any day.

And if I were really stuck, I'd buy an apple and some cheese at a 711 or something.
I mean that I was so. . Hungry. That I was unwilling to wait even another 60 seconds to even go to the nearby Del Taco. Honestly, I've never been so hungry in my life, I don't know what was going on.