CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 12-11-2003, 12:47 PM   #11
Scott Parker

Profile:
roy-

there is a difference between being "sore" from working out, and being in pain. for the most part, being sore is "normal", (especially when doing crossfit!), but being in pain is not!

i remember when i started crossfit, i would be sore for days because my body had never been subjected to these kinds of stressors. when i started deadlifts my lower back was also sore for some time, but not in pain.

so my question is are you in pain, or are you sore in your lower back? if your sore it's probably due to doing something that your not used to, but if it's pain, then you are probably doing something wrong and you should reanalyze your form.

scott
Old 12-11-2003, 01:03 PM   #12
Roy

Profile:

Scott-

Im not sore anymore. I did the WOD today(kinda), but since Im brand new to O lifts, I basically worked on hang pulls, and power cleans. I did some presses too. (I did hang cleans on tuesday with 95 # for the WOD) Today I upped it to 115 with no problem, but my form needs quite a bit of work yet. I also did some overhead squats and thrusters. (Damn, those overhead squats are hard) As far as my back goes, I think it will be fine. I guess you could say it was so sore, that it was sorta painful. Im certain it was because It was the first time I've done deadlifts, and I did so many challenging sets with no more than 90 seconds rest between. Im excited to do them again. I'll try and get photos soon.

Cheers

Roy